Honored Contributor

Your Dog is Welcome at Macy's

You can take your dog along with you shopping at Macy's, Barnes & Noble, and the Pottery Barn. I knew about Lowes and Home Depot but not about Macy's.

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Dog is Welcome at Macy's

Since my wife started working with the Boxer Rescue Organization she has found out that many stores have no problem with her taking her foster in with her. I am glad to hear this because I do not like leaving any living thing in a vehicle alone, too dangerous nowadays.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 hckynut said:

Since my wife started working with the Boxer Rescue Organization she has found out that many stores have no problem with her taking her foster in with her. I am glad to hear this because I do not like leaving any living thing in a vehicle alone, too dangerous nowadays.

John... may I just say... your wife has excellent taste.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm not in favor of this at all. A good friend worked in Williams-Sonoma. They begrudgingly let people bring their dogs in. Not everyone is a good dog owner. Dogs frequently were off leash, running around the store, peeing and deficating at will. The employees had to clean up after them. The store that tries to welcome their customers with inviting smells of food, frequently smelled like dog urine and feces. And that doesn't even get into poorly trained dogs around people uncomfortable with dogs. I love dogs, they don't belong in stores unless they're pet stores.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

On 9/19/2014 NoelSeven said: I'm not in favor of this at all. A good friend worked in Williams-Sonoma. They begrudgingly let people bring their dogs in. Not everyone is a good dog owner. Dogs frequently were off leash, running around the store, peeing and deficating at will. The employees had to clean up after them. The store that tries to welcome their customers with inviting smells of food, frequently smelled like dog urine and feces. And that doesn't even get into poorly trained dogs around people uncomfortable with dogs. I love dogs, they don't belong in stores unless they're pet stores.
Thank you, Noel, I agree.... and for those reasons and more, I think it is a bad idea, I know it sounds lovely to many owners, though.
Esteemed Contributor

I have been taking my dog in Macy,s and above mentioned stores for years and people love to pet her. You should know your dog,s habits and they should be well trained. We walk in the morning and she does her business, same in evening. She will not poop in my yard and has nevered pooped or peeded in mine or anyone else,s house ..She lets me know when she needs to go. She also is one of the dogs trained for a hospital, nursing home or airport as a PAWS FOR HEALING DOG. She visits patient and goes to the ER. She is better behaved in public than some children. Not everyone,s dog is like this true, but if an owner is responsible, there is no harm. I had sales people in Macy,s say, they are a dog friendly store. You will always have someone complain about something. If the dogs were doing all the things one poster said, the store would put a stop to it. She weighs 16lbs and is a small Poodle and Maltise rescue. I see small dogs in store, but not large ones unless they are Service dogs.
Valued Contributor

my Goldens like to go together and they are 100 pounds each and SUPER friendly----those nice stores don't want them, trust me.
Honored Contributor

I've seen dogs in every store for years ....... nothing new about that.
Honored Contributor

If your dog is not well behaved and trained then I think any store is no place for such a dog. I would think that dogs going into these stores would have to be leashed. Most dogs are better behaved than many children!!

Honored Contributor

As soon as I see a pet that isn't a service animal, I will leave the store. Pets belong at home, not department stores.