Respected Contributor

Hunting related product sold by QVC

I was surprised to see a hunting related product being sold by QVC. I came across the Garmin GPS Enabled Dog Tracking System and thought it might be something I could use for my dogs. Reading on however it became obvious that this is specifically for tracking dogs while hunting. I'm disappointed QVC would sell something like this.

One selling point grabbed my attention:

• Special waypoint icons for food plots, tree stands, and other hunting-related points

Using food plots isn't hunting. It's baiting deer by placing food in open areas. It takes absolutely no skill to hide behind a bush and shoot an animal eating food you put out to attract it. A hunting dog isn't needed for this. And a hunting dog isn't needed if you're sitting in a tree.

I'm sure there are posters who hunt and that's fine. Personally I don't think QVC should sell hunting products. There are a variety of well-respected retailers who specialize in it. But for QVC this seems contrary to the image they're trying to create for their viewers and customers.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hunting related product sold by QVC

As a former hunter, I am appalled by those who hunt with dogs. I don't care for feed plots, etc., either. There's no hunt there.
Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

What is fishing then? They use bait too.

Esteemed Contributor

Fishing is not hunting.
Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/19/2014 esmerelda said: Fishing is not hunting.

Why isn't it ?

Super Contributor

Many fishing/bass boats are rigged with sonar to ""hunt & track"" schools of fish.

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Qwackertoo said:

Many fishing/bass boats are rigged with sonar to ""hunt & track"" schools of fish.

I told DH that's not fishing ... that's stalking! LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

They sell leather too-so?

I don't really understand why selling a product with these features disappoints anyone

Valued Contributor

But for QVC this seems contrary to the image they're trying to create for their viewers and customers.

what image is that? I only thought they trying to make money and meet supply and demand

to me QVC has no ""image""

do they??

Respected Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Preds said:
On 9/19/2014 Qwackertoo said:

I told DH that's not fishing ... that's stalking! LOL