Valued Contributor

I Don't Even Know What to Say About This

A SUV full of teenagers crashed in Idaho after one of the passengers lit the driver's armpit hair on fire with a lighter, authorities said Wednesday.

All five young people in the Ford Bronco were hurt in the crash Sunday and received medical treatment, the Ada County Sheriff's Office said.

Two of the passengers, ages 15 and 16, were thrown from the vehicle, but none of the five suffered life-threatening injuries.

The sheriff's department said the rollover occurred after a 16-year-old boy was goofing off in the front seat and lit 18-year-old Tristian Myers' armpit hair on fire while Myers was driving. The crash happened at about 5:30 a.m. in southeast Boise.

Deputies cited Myers with inattentive driving, while the 16-year-old was cited for interfering with the driver's safety. The passenger's name wasn't released. A 17-year old also was in the front seat but was not cited.

Deputies also said none of the teens was wearing a seatbelt, and there was evidence Myers was driving too fast.

A court date will be scheduled later for Myers, who has no listed phone number. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sheriff-burned-armpit-hair-led-idaho-car-crash-25578638

Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Even Know What to Say About This

Hi Marp - I have seen reports recently that setting yourself on fire and videotaping it is a ""cool"" thing to do.

Respected Contributor

Well I think that is because there really isn't much to say. LOL! All you can do is shake your head.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

I don't know why they cited the driver unless there's more to the incident.

But good grief, and what were they doing out at 5:30 am, I wonder.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

On 9/17/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Hi Marp - I have seen reports recently that setting yourself on fire and videotaping it is a "cool" thing to do.

Now that you mention it, there was a promo for a Dr. Phil show in which guys were setting themselves on fire.
Esteemed Contributor

They are lucky to be alive. Teens can be so stupid and tragically, sometimes it takes their lives.

Respected Contributor

NO driving or driving licenses would be my first thing I would do to them.

They obviously are not ready.

Respected Contributor

Aren't there restrictions on how many teenagers can be in a vehicle? There are in my state. Not that they are followed, but here's a good reason why!
Honored Contributor

I've recently been repeating this quote: 'Nothing good ever happens after midnight'.....(or something similar). Most young adults/teens have no business driving/gallivanting around during the early morning hours, unless they are on their way to and from work. JMO

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Sounds like something you'd see on Jacka$$. Teens do stupid things.