Super Contributor

Vikings: Adrian Peterson won't play until legal issues are resolved

Vikings: Adrian Peterson won't play until legal issues are resolved

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/17/us/adrian-peterson-child-abuse-charges/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

By Ed Payne, CNN

updated 2:15 AM EDT, Wed September 17, 2014

(CNN) -- Running back Adrian Peterson will not play again for the Minnesota Vikings until his legal issues are resolved, the team said early Wednesday.

Peterson has been placed on the NFL's Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, which will require that Adrian "remain away from all team activities."

Peterson, who was kept out of Sunday's game against the New England Patriots, turned himself in to East Texas authorities Saturday, two days after an indictment alleged the 29-year-old father did "recklessly or by criminal negligence cause bodily injury" to his son, a felony.

Peterson quickly posted $15,000 in bail and was released, according to the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office.

=====

Super Contributor

Re: Vikings: Adrian Peterson won't play until legal issues are resolved

Details..........

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11541346/minnesota-vikings-reverse-decision-suspend-adrian-peterso...

"The Minnesota Vikings have reversed course on Adrian Peterson, putting him on the NFL's exempt/commissioner's permission list until his child-abuse case is resolved, which bars him from all team activities, the team said in a news release early Wednesday morning.

The Vikings placed Adrian Peterson on the NFL's exempt/commissioner's permission list until his child-abuse case is resolved, which bars him from all team activities.

"After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian," Vikings owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf said in the statement. "We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization.

"We embrace our role -- and the responsibilities that go with it -- as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community."

=====

Peterson was indicted last week in Montgomery County, Texas, on a felony count of reckless or negligent injury to a child. The charge stems from a whipping incident that reportedly left bruises and wounds on much of his 4-year-old son.

Peterson also was accused in 2013 in Texas of injuring another of his young sons, who has a different mother, although charges were never brought. Those allegations reportedly were filed to the state's Child Protective Services agency, according to Houston CBS affiliate KHOU.

=====

Executives were at the team's Winter Park headquarters late into the night Tuesday, discussing how to respond to the avalanche of criticism of their Monday announcement."

Super Contributor

I'd drive him to prison myself. That's where he belongs.

And I'd throw in a vasectomy gift certificate, too!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/17/2014 JamicaJammer said:

I'd drive him to prison myself. That's where he belongs.

And I'd throw in a vasectomy gift certificate, too!

I agree, good one, lol!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Vikings !

Honored Contributor

good

Respected Contributor

It took a beer company and their money to make the NFL pay real attention.

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of this player (not into sports), until this incident. I wanted to know how this was found out, the alleged abuse? Did he take his ds to the hospital for injuries?

Honored Contributor

I imagine there are many other incidents and players that the NFL is keeping quiet about.

Respected Contributor

On 9/17/2014 missyw1 said:

I have never heard of this player (not into sports), until this incident. I wanted to know how this was found out, the alleged abuse? Did he take his ds to the hospital for injuries?

I read the boy had an already scheduled appt at his Dr. when he returned home to his Mother. The Dr reported it.