Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers Doctor Took A Selfie of Himself Just Before Performing An UNauthorized Biopsy

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/showbiz/joan-rivers-clinic/

(CNN) -- The cardiac arrest leading to Joan Rivers' death happened as the comedian's personal doctor began performing a biopsy on her vocal cords, a source close to the death investigation told CNN.

A staff member at Manhattan's Yorkville Endoscopy clinic told investigators that the doctor, who has not been publicly identified, took a selfie photo in the procedure room while Rivers was under anesthesia, the source said.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Trusted Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Doctor Took A Selfie of Himself Just Before Performing An UNauthorized Biopsy

I so don't want this to be true.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Doctor Took A Selfie of Himself Just Before Performing An UNauthorized Biopsy

On 9/16/2014 adelle38 said:

I sure hope she wasn't included in the selfie

The link above should also go to an audio/video report.

Honored Contributor

It seems the clinic is denying a lot of charges.

This is included in the report linked to from CNN, although the clinic denies the biopsy caused her death:

"Investigators believe that Rivers' vocal chords began to swell during the allegedly unauthorized biopsy, cutting off the flow of oxygen to her lungs, which led to cardiac arrest on the morning of August 29, the source said."

There's more in the report for anyone interested.

Trusted Contributor

Her poor family!

Honored Contributor

Her poor family!

Yes, the allegations are awful {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

I thought the clinic out out a statement saying no biopsy was done in their clinic?
Honored Contributor

Wow.

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 NoelSeven said:

I sure hope she wasn't included in the selfie

The link above should also go to an audio/video report.

At the end of the video Anderson tries to clarify. It is believed Joan is in the selfie in the background.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/16/2014 brii said: I thought the clinic out out a statement saying no biopsy was done in their clinic?

They did but if you watch the CNN piece, their medical expert said it's possible because the biopsy wasn't completed then technically no biopsy was performed.