Respected Contributor

I've recently had a lot of QVC's gold jewelry fall apart. As a member since QVC's beginning, this hasn't been my experience until lately. Upon looking closely at the gold links in bracelets and necklaces, you can see that they are sheets of gold bent into link shapes. You can see the "seam" where the links don't quite come together! No wonder the jewelry isn't holding up! If you use the close-up feature on-line, you can see what I mean about the seams! It really is a shame, because QVC's jewelry used to be such quality. So sad.

Respected Contributor

Jewelry in gold at the lower price points is thinner and more fragile, but QVC's prices for these pieces is lower than competitors whose quality may not be a bit better.

When we had the financial meltdown and I sold the gold jewelry I hadn't been wearing, I think the profit was about twice or three times what I had pd at retail.

So I have a few fragile pieces that I fix when they break. But I still think they are offering a good value for gold jewelry and am so happy to see it is back on their inventory.

Those are my feelings, even though I have one pr of earrings, mother of pearl flower studs I like, very pretty but fragile, that after 6 years I have fixed three times. On the whole I have gotten incredible buys from the Q. I don't buy jewelry so people will comment on it. I llike smaller things. But I have to say, people do comment on my jewelry, and most of the gold is from QVC. I have had _more_ of a problem with pretty, but fragile, gold from Ross-Simons.

Esteemed Contributor

I've bought a lot of gold in the past two years from QVC. About 7 pairs of earrings, a bold bracelet, a bold necklace, an omega and 3 substantial chains for pendants, and an EG petite heart necklace that I love. I'm very picky and I've had no problems with any of my new pieces.