Honored Contributor

Oopsie at Kanye West Concert

From the website The Daily Beast:

In Australia, Mr. West instructed the audience to rise to its' feet so as to dance whilst he performed the next selection. When he noticed that two audience members had not risen, one with a prosthetic leg and the other in a wheelchair, he told them to "Stand up". However, at previous performances, Mr. West has graciously offered the microphone to physically-challenged audience members so that they might join him in song.

Respected Contributor

Re: Oopsie at Kanye West Concert

{#emotions_dlg.blink}..........................Okay, perhaps it was a genuine mistake on his part and he himself might very well be cringing. He'll probably be more careful next time.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

I saw that video too. He held up his show for about 9 min because two people did not stand up. Is he nuts??? When he finally understood that one was in a wheelchair...he then gave his approval.

Honored Contributor

He held up his performance for nine minutes? That man is a jackazz.
Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 tansy said: He held up his performance for nine minutes? That man is a jackazz.

Yes, I agree.

Esteemed Contributor

After what he did to Taylor Swift at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards when she was accepting the award for Best Female Video, nothing he does would surprise me! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 ILikeShade said:

I saw that video too. He held up his show for about 9 min because two people did not stand up. Is he nuts??? When he finally understood that one was in a wheelchair...he then gave his approval. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

.....Oooh, I didn't see that. Did he at least say he was sorry or offer them something nice? I know they must've felt really embarrassed.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 9/14/2014 ILikeShade said:

I saw that video too. He held up his show for about 9 min because two people did not stand up. Is he nuts??? When he finally understood that one was in a wheelchair...he then gave his approval. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

.....Oooh, I didn't see that. Did he at least say he was sorry or offer them something nice? I know they must've felt really embarrassed.

I didn't hear an apology...he just immediately started rapping again. I have no idea what he was rapping about though as I tuned it out by then.

Respected Contributor

I see. That's too bad. Not to tell him what to do, but he actually could've redeemed himself if he had helped the person with the prosthetic leg up onto the stage, picked up the person in the wheelchair and carried him/her onto the stage, gave them chairs to sit in, gave them both a mic and allowed them to sing onstage with him.

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I have no idea how kids and young adults from other countries can relate to him.