Super Contributor

anyone else having problems viewing facebook with firefox??? for the last 3 days for some reason when i go to facebook all it shows is the top header of the page. i can see my name and pic and that i have notifications,etc. but the site will not load. it is fine on chrome though.

i have cleared cookies and deleted things but the problem persists!

Respected Contributor

I'm not having any problems, but I am running firefox for Mac, so that might be the difference.

Honored Contributor

Hi, shesallthat!

Facebook has been modifying their website recently and this can create compatibility problems with browsers and devices.

I just checked, and Facebook looks okay. You said you deleted cookies -- be sure to clear cache, too, and quit and relaunch Firefox.

Also, have you updated to the newest version of Firefox? They just released the update a few days ago. It's v. 32.0.

Also, check your Adobe Flash Player to be sure that's up-to-date. The latest version was released yesterday, but they've had several recent updates.

("Adobe today released an updated Flash Player that patched a dozen vulnerabilities ... ")

If none of that works, are you using any Firefox add-ons/extensions? Sometimes those can cause problems.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

I'm having the same problem on Chrome. I can load several stories down on my newsfeed and then it freezes.

I've got the oldest computer in the house and I'm the only one having issues so I thought it was the computer.

Honored Contributor
On 9/10/2014 kaybee said:

I'm having the same problem on Chrome. I can load several stories down on my newsfeed and then it freezes.

I've got the oldest computer in the house and I'm the only one having issues so I thought it was the computer.

Hi, kaybee! I saw your post so I tried Chrome and Facebook looks ok. What version of Chrome are you using (they just had an important update to the browser)? And did you delete cookies and cache?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor
On 9/10/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 9/10/2014 kaybee said:

Hi, kaybee! I saw your post so I tried Chrome and Facebook looks ok. What version of Chrome are you using (they just had an important update to the browser)? And did you delete cookies and cache?

Thanks dooBdoo! Yea, I've been having to clear it all out every day or more lately. Glad to know it's something FB is doing PLUS the fact that my cable company Charter is changing over to some other system "Spectrum" as of the 22nd of Sept. so they are probably messing everything up too! {#emotions_dlg.bored}

...and I took the Chrome upgrade a few days ago too.

Valued Contributor

No problems here. Now, as sure as I've said that, the problems will start. lol

Respected Contributor

No problem using Chrome....I used to always have issues with Facebook and Firefox so switched to Chrome a few years ago.

Super Contributor
On 9/10/2014 dooBdoo said:

Hi, shesallthat!

Facebook has been modifying their website recently and this can create compatibility problems with browsers and devices.

I just checked, and Facebook looks okay. You said you deleted cookies -- be sure to clear cache, too, and quit and relaunch Firefox.

Also, have you updated to the newest version of Firefox? They just released the update a few days ago. It's v. 32.0.

Also, check your Adobe Flash Player to be sure that's up-to-date. The latest version was released yesterday, but they've had several recent updates.

("Adobe today released an updated Flash Player that patched a dozen vulnerabilities ... ")

If none of that works, are you using any Firefox add-ons/extensions? Sometimes those can cause problems.

Hi dooBdoo Smile

yes i have the newest version of FF and i did clear my cache,too but nothing has solved it. i checked Adobe Flash this morning and i already have the newest version of that,too. it is a mystery to me why all of a sudden i can not see anything!

thanks so much for your help! {#emotions_dlg.wub} at least it still works in chrome - knock on wood! Wink