Trusted Contributor

We had a FANTASTIC vacation in Maine!

It was our first trip to Maine, and it was wonderful from start to finish! The weather could not have been better! We enjoyed everything, but we loved the rocky coast, the lighthouse, and Perkins Cove the most. We have a beautiful country for sure!

Honored Contributor

Re: We had a FANTASTIC vacation in Maine!

Maine is a beautiful place to vacation.

Honored Contributor

Never been, but my former boss and his wife go several times a year because they love it so much. She would move them up there if it weren't for the winters.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

Love Maine, it reminds me of the coast of England, around Devon and Cornwall.
Respected Contributor

I'm so happy you had a good time and the weather cooperated. I remember your original thread where you were looking for recommendations for places to stay. It sounds like you found just what you were looking for.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Trusted Contributor

Sue where did you stay? We always stay at the Anchorage in Ogunquit because it is with walking distance of a lot of shops etc. Hoping to go up next week. Did you do the boat ride from Perkins? Fun trip. Glad you enjoyed your stay!!

Valued Contributor

I had no idea how beautiful Maine is until I went there for the first time. The coast is so gorgeous and it is a boater's paradise. I haven't been far north in Maine near the heavy forest area but I can imagine how fantastic it must be, too. I have relatives who live in South Harpswell in the summers. Lobster rolls, all the great seafood!! Great place in the warm months, for sure.

Valued Contributor

That sounds so nice. I have always wanted to go to Maine for just the reasons you gave - the summer weather, the lighthouse(s), the rocky coast. The only place I have been on the East Coast is NYC (Manhattan and Yankee stadium only) and there is so much more to see!Smile

Valued Contributor

Glad you had a wonderful time Sue. Seeing Maine has always been on my bucket list!!

Honored Contributor

Did you make it to Bar Harbor, a true delight.