Regular Contributor

Tonight is the season finale...I've been watching but don't have a feel who might win it!

Has anyone been watching?

Esteemed Contributor

No, and sorry I've missed it. I greatly enjoy the home improvement shows. I watch Flipping Vegas, Flip or Flop, Rehab Addict, Curb Appeal, Desperate Landscapes, and one or two others. I watch for the ideas or the actual improvements that are done and NOT for the personalities like those on Flipping Boston where all you are exposed to is the fighting between the investors. That's not interesting at all to me.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Oh, I thought this was code for Flipping the Bird.

Nevermind.

Valued Contributor

I've been watching but I really don't have any idea which condo will sell for the most money.

I didn't care at all for the designs of the twin brothers. I liked different elements of all the other teams.

Valued Contributor
how is a block flipped?
Honored Contributor
On 9/7/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: how is a block flipped?

I think the show is about flipping the neighborhood block. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/7/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Oh, I thought this was code for Flipping the Bird.

Nevermind.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/7/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: how is a block flipped?

Playing aside - certain properties that need dire help in maintenance and upgrades are purchased and given overhauls. Homes/condos are give curb appeal and a certain charm to bring in buyers and those who desire a home to live in - not trash.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

I watched the finale last night, not having seen the earlier shows. All the "flippers" were nicely cast and interesting.

I was shocked at the outcome, as the condo sold best that I liked not at all, though at auction it was still a bargain in that city, so everyone who participated did well: the neighborhood, the buyers and the community.

I didn't like any of the four condos as far as their decor, which all had to be purchased through an advertiser to the show or self-made. Less is more when it comes to design, and those rooms were too full of junky knicknacks.

I liked the quartz counter white kitchen best, though I probably liked that couple least, as they were so sure they would win. But all the "flippers" were interestingly matched and had quite different skills. I will watch the earlier episodes in reruns now.

I like the "Fixer Upper" show set in Waco TX. Does anyone else? Love the way the broken down old houses are fixed up, and I love the interior design. Not too many doodads, furbelows, and accessories.

Regular Contributor

I like to watch Fixer Upper. I just recently started watching this station again and also like Love It or List It and Property Brothers however they seem to repeat all these shows quite often.

I really didn't know who would win Flipping the Block last night and after watching it was wondering if the auction was all staged especially after initially there were no bidders on the condo which did end up winning.