Super Contributor

Anyone else experiencing "issues" with the reception of QVC on TV?

For the last three days, the picture goes out to a black screen for a few seconds, and also the sound will cut out during the shows... it happens several times an hour for several seconds at a time.. It is only on the QVC channel. Just wondered if it was a local issue with the cable OR an issue with the QVC itself? I live in the Seattle area and have Comcast.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone else experiencing ""issues"" with the reception of QVC on TV?

I have noticed the screen going black once and the sound cutting out once or twice.

Regular Contributor

We line in Upstate NY and haven't had any issues, but we have satellite. I would think if it was QVC per se we'd all have the same problem. Check with your cable provider.

Trusted Contributor

You may be talking about when a host has done a personal tribute to JR. Right after the host finishes they show Joan's picture, and then the screen goes black a few seconds before they return to regular programming.
Super Contributor

I am using DirectTV.

Super Contributor

On 9/6/2014 lizzief said: You may be talking about when a host has done a personal tribute to JR. Right after the host finishes they show Joan's picture, and then the screen goes black a few seconds before they return to regular programming.

No, I know what you are talking about... this is just scattered throughout the hour, not at any specific time.

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that, too...I'm in Ca with Comcast. I noticed it happening with Joan's tribute, but also in the middle of one of the shows, Friday night beauty or Edward Bess. Those were the only times I've had it on this week.

Super Contributor

On 9/6/2014 Wsmom said:

I noticed that, too...I'm in Ca with Comcast. I noticed it happening with Joan's tribute, but also in the middle of one of the shows, Friday night beauty or Edward Bess. Those were the only times I've had it on this week.

It is probably an issue with Comcast... weird it is just on the QVC channel....

Honored Contributor

I watched the LOGO shows and had the black-outs, too, gazelle. I'm on the eastside and have Comcast.
Super Contributor

Yep! Eastcoast here and exactly the same issues you described. The screen goes black and the sound cuts off for a few seconds. I also have Comcast. A while ago (maybe last year?) I was having sound issues with QVC but never a total loss of signal.