Honored Contributor

Melissa Rivers announced . . .

As of today, mom remains on life support.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: Melissa Rivers announced . . .

This doesn't sound good. :'(

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

No. So sad.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

How heart wrenching for Melissa.

Honored Contributor

"On behalf of my mother and our family, we are extremely grateful for all the love and support we've received," Rivers said in a statement, obtained by NBC News. "At this time she does remain on life support."

She added: "I know my mother would be overwhelmed by the continued outpouring of kindness and I want to thank everyone for keeping us in their prayers."

So very sad. Come on Joan. You can do this. Pull out of this and give us some funny jokes about it all. Praying for you and your family.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Very sad indeed.

Frequent Contributor

So confused. Thought they had been awakening her from medical induced coma since Sunday and that although she was in serious condition was showing small increments of improvement. This cannot be good. Very saddened to just learn she is on life support. How heartbreaking for her family and all of us that love her so much. My prayers are continual, Joan.
Respected Contributor

If she still is in a medically induced coma, she would remain on life support.

They generally withdraw the sedation slowly. It can be a process.

This may not be either good or bad at this point.

The real test comes when the sedation is light enough or gone to determine if she breathes on her own and regains consciousness.

May not be telling much at this time.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 radiancegrace said: So confused. Thought they had been awakening her from medical induced coma since Sunday and that although she was in serious condition was showing small increments of improvement. This cannot be good. Very saddened to just learn she is on life support. How heartbreaking for her family and all of us that love her so much. My prayers are continual, Joan.

Has there ever been a report from the hospital that she was showing improvement?

Everything I've heard or read was from unnamed sources.

Until the hospital holds a press conference, everything is speculation.

Contributor

I read an article that said Melissa is hysterical so I doubt she is in any position to give a reasonable announcement of any kind abut her mother.