Super Contributor
Two year old girl. The van was parked in the driveway her mother forgot she was left in the van. The van was parked at a residence. The tempts were in the 90's. I hate to judge but how could you forget your child.
Honored Contributor

Re: Another child died in a van

A two year old would probably need regular diaper changes or potty breaks.

Just going past one of the usual changes should trigger some concern.

Honored Contributor

All these incidents are murder on some level....and let the courts & jury decide the sentence.

Honored Contributor

These are no accidents in my book. Don't see how you can forget a child in a car.

Super Contributor

I went on an errand this morning and took the dog with me in the car. We came home, the dog came indoors with me. I forgot to go back outside and put the car in the garage.

My car is fine. My dog is fine. I forgot something that doesn't matter at all. I can't imagine leaving a living being inside a car, because the first thing I did was make sure the dog was with me and safe in the house, not left in the car. I don't get how people leave their loved ones in cars. A purse, food wrappers, an umbrella, sure. But not a living thing.

Honored Contributor

She was probably texting and/or cell talking, whatever. How much do you want to bet? Texters seem to have side blinders on while texting. Sometimes we have to move out of their way because they aren't looking up to see who/what they will walk into. 'One track minds'. Pathetic.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

This just needs to stop !! There needs to be jail time before people get it. I raised three children, worked full time and had a very busy schedule. Never ever ever could I have "forgotten" one of my children in a car or anywhere. Jail time, jail time, jail time !! These things just make my blood boil.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

There is never an excuse. Some posters say they don't understand how something like that could happen accidentally. I'll say again there's never an excuse for that degree of incompetent parenting. I will say however that my best friend's parents forgot her at Disneyland when she was about five years old. And they only had two kids.
Valued Contributor

WHO are these people that fatally lose their children?
Contributor

On 9/1/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: WHO are these people that fatally lose their children?

Trash.