Super Contributor

I volunteer at my animal shelter on Sun. mornings but we decided to go for breakfast later around 11:00am. At least 20 minute wait at Perkins. Went to Denny's, another 20 minute wait but worth it. This is in N.J.. Anyone here go out to breakfast on the weekends regularly?

Esteemed Contributor

Rarely, but when we do go out for breakfast or brunch on Sundays, we head to our neighborhood bagel store for fresh hot bagels and lox, cream cheese and red onion.

Talk about YUMMY!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Once in a while, we go to a local breakfast restaurant. We get up early so get there around 8:30 and usually have the place to ourselves. It gets busy later.

Trusted Contributor

We go out every weekend, and 20 minutes is nothing. We usually have to wait at least 45 if we do not arrive before 9 am.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to go out for breakfast with my dad almost every Saturday my entire childhood. Then when I had kids, my kids and I went out for breakfast almost every Sunday with my dad. (To locally owned restaurants not chains).

He passed away 3 plus years ago. Since then DH and I went out for breakfast a few times but I got too upset thinking of my dad who was my breakfast buddy. My dad and I were very close.

DH and I do go out to dinner once or twice a week instead. (Also to locally owned places).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Mr S goes motorcycle riding with his friend in the mountains on Sunday morning then they eat breakfast. I don't ride or eat in the morning. They have a lot of fun. We attend Mass on Saturday evening so can still attend church.

Honored Contributor

I don't go out to eat often but when I do? Ain't any restaurant business that has food so good that I will wait to get seated. If there ain't no seats, I'm outta there.

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

We sometimes go to the Greek diner at the corner. It's the first place I ever had Greek yogurt - at least 30 years ago. It's a breakfast special with fresh fruit of the season.

They make great omelets too - I love the spinach & feta.

We never go to chain places when there are so many great local choices, including one a short walk away!

Esteemed Contributor

No but Sunday breakfast at our house is either pancakes or waffles with fruit.

Respected Contributor

We never eat before church but a whole group of us from church go to a little place after services each week and sit and eat for about three hours. Our big long table is always ready and they press the button on the coffee machines the minute we walk in the door.

Oh, and we solve every single problem - local or worldwide before we are done. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} This week there was a woman sitting alone at a table nearby and we asked her to join us, she did and said she cannot remember when she had so much fun. She was visiting from out of state and I am glad she will leave our little town with some good memories.