Honored Contributor

Taylor Swift or Julianne Hough?

Taylor is joining The Voice as an advisor to all four teams.

Julianne will be the fourth judge on DWTS.

Which one will you watch?

As for me, I'm not even going to DVR DWTS this season. I think they've jumped the shark. They're already crammed into one night, and now they'll have a fourth person making comments and trying to get attention. Karina came out and said she doesn't think it's fair to have Julianne judge. This show loves controversy, so maybe they're counting on more people tuning in.

I won't be one of them. I'll watch The Voice - or DVR it if I can't be home! Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Taylor Swift or Julianne Hough?

Personally, I've disliked it when Julianne has been a guest judge in the past. And I agree with your concerns about how an additional judge might make the already hectic show even more pressed for time.

Trusted Contributor

Actually, they're going back to 2 nights, which I will hate - depending on the celebs (they're never stars!), may not watch much for the first time ever. 2 nights is just too much filler w/musical acts I don't care for. Also don't see the need for 4 judges. I will watch VOICE for the first time as I like Taylor & think she will be a great mentor to the new talent.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch The Voice, so it's DWTS for me. I didn't know DWTS was going back to 2 nights. I really prefer that over the one night format.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I never watched the Voice. I am getting tired of DWTS. Too many changes for me! I know their ratings probably haven't been as good so they are probably trying to do whatever to make it work. Last season, I didn't watch that much, and I was always a faithful fan. I never missed! Julianne is not a favorite of mine.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I don't and won't be watching either one of them.

For whatever reason she's been wildly successful, but the concept of Swift as a voice coach is just sort of laughable. But then again, personally, I think all these 'amateur hour' shows have both outlived their entertainment value and jumped the shark...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't care for Taylor Swift at all.

Julianne - ugh. I am going to have to fast forward when she's on. DWTS is my favorite show, so I can make the sacrifice. LOL

Respected Contributor

I don't care for either of those ladies. I have never watched the Voice and lost interest in DWTS several seasons ago. I'm just tired of those sorts of shows.

Esteemed Contributor

There are an awful lot of shows on Monday night this Fall season because there are some new shows and they moved one of my shows to Monday. Too many for our dvr! I am going to have to resort to watching some shows on In Demand unless our cable company comes out with a higher amount of a dvr (to record more than 2 shows at once!).

Anyway I don't give up the Voice (or Vampire Diaries which is Thursdays) and some other shows too, for ANY shows.

So I will be watching the Voice! (and there are other shows I want to see on Mondays also) So I doubt I will bother w Dancing w the Stars. This has nothing to do with who is on, its just what I like better! I stopped watching Dancing w the Stars since it became a show in which people vote on favorite people instead of best dancers!

But I must say I am proud of how far Taylor Swift has come! She is from the same hometown I am originally from in PA! I also like Julianne Hough!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Both...I will tape one and watch the other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**