Esteemed Contributor

I haven't felt so well lately and not been too hungry. Tonight I just had some wide egg noodles and put a little butter, salt & pepper and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

I can't tell you how delicious they were. I know it sounds boring, but I really loved these. I forget how good they are and will be having more often.

What is everyone having for dinner tonight? Have a great holiday weekend and be safe!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Re: What is for dinner tonight?

I ate an 11 oz can of pork n beans. I wasn't hungry but I figured it was protein

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Leftover pizza........ Smiley Wink But I did make a risotto that was good this week. It's Giada's Lemony Shrimp Risotto recipe. I also added a couple Tbsp of cream to it. It was delish. I also made her Penne with shrimp and herbed cream sauce. I added extra red pepper to it, to spice it up. And extra wine. I liked the risotto best. Hubby loved both, but liked the pasta dish a little more. He's decided he's pescatarian, so I've been cooking fish or shrimp a few times a week (or when I do cook, I should say). Your egg noodles sound good, Irish. Simple is good!!! Hope you gave a nice weekend, and feel better friend. Smiley Wink
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Bird mama said:

I ate an 11 oz can of pork n beans. I wasn't hungry but I figured it was protein

I eat a lot of different types of beans. Love them.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

We picnicked at home tonight: Beef hot dogs, potato salad, and baked beans. Chocolate froyo for dessert.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/29/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

We picnicked at home tonight: Beef hot dogs, potato salad, and baked beans. Chocolate froyo for dessert.

Sounds good. We just got our shipment of Sahlens hot dogs this week that my friend in NY mails me a couple of times a year. We will have them along with other picnic foods for Labor day.

JFK
Honored Contributor

I'm having Korean Beef, made with ground turkey instead of ground beef. A recipe from the Six Sisters ,which we like, and which is served over rice. Also, salad and Jasmine tea.

Noodles seem to be a great dish when you're not well, I like chicken noodle soup. I hope you feel better soon Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 8/29/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

Sounds good. We just got our shipment of Sahlens hot dogs this week that my friend in NY mails me a couple of times a year. We will have them along with other picnic foods for Labor day.

I MUST try these. Please tell me how a poor Floridian can get them shipped from wherever????Smile

Trusted Contributor

Lasagna....hadn't had it in a while, tasted yummy, kids ate it too...
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Super Contributor

Friday is fish day. We don't do it for religious reasons, but just because we like fish and this makes me remember to cook it at least once a week.

Tilapia, steak fries and green beans. Something chocolatey and gooey for dessert.