Respected Contributor

I woke up this morning and checked my e-mail while enjoying my coffee. Imagine my surprise when I had an order confirmation for over $2,000 worth of merchandise!

I immediately logged in to my account and cancelled the order for 2 watches and 4 computers that were billed to me with ship to another location. I have NEVER ever used bill to/ship to someone else ever, yet QVC apparently didn't challenge this order at all.

I called CS and spoke to a woman and explained what has happened and asked if this was what was behind the big outage the other days, she said she would have no way of knowing this. She entered my card as "stolen" into their system so a new card could be sent. I said, no, it wasn't stolen it was hacked. I keep my card locked away. She said they didn't have an option to enter it as hacked. I asked for a supervisor. I waited on hold until I was told a supervisor wasn't available but I could request a call back and would hear from them within 4 hours. I got the number for corporate (not an 800 number by the way, but I have unlimited long distance). I called corporate and asked for fraud department. Transferred, put on hold, offered voice mail, held again, then an automated message instructs I must leave a voice mail.

BE WARNED FOLKS - Keep a close eye on your account. If you don't have it set up to confirm your ordered via e-mail set it up NOW!!! If you have any other cards on your account contact your card holders and report that you suspect QVC has been hacked and to either increase surveillance on your cards, or have them cancelled and new account numbers issued.

The nightmare begins.

Esteemed Contributor

wow, thanks for the warning.

Honored Contributor

All accounts should be monitored regularly.

Honored Contributor

Just deleted my cards from their system. Now I'll just have to monitor them to make sure nothing happened. Thank you for the warning Buck!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Frequent Contributor

Scary for sure! the same thing happened to me and other's about a month ago with HSN, I go on my order status to check if my ordered had shipped, only to find many electronics, worth thousands of dollars, billed to me on a credit card I do not have and shipped to an unknown name in another state. I immediately called customer service, and was told they knew what had happened and that nothing would be billed to me, I later found out they called it a Ghost order or account. It wasn't only me there were many others complaining about the same problem. Now even if I don't have any order, I check my order status every day, just in case.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry this happened to you, Buck-I. That is ridiculous it happened (especially with using a strange ship to address), that you had to notify them it happened, and that a supervisor wasn't even available. I really hope others will check their accounts - all accounts - daily to check for fraud. Thank you for the warning!

Esteemed Contributor

It appears QVC doesn't want to admit that your card was hacked, Buck. This is serious stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Tons of information on the Internet to prevent hacking.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor
On 8/29/2014 Nancy Drew said:

Tons of information on the Internet to prevent hacking.

Too bad QVC doesn't read it and heed it then, because this situation was nothing within MY control!

Honored Contributor

All that info on the internet didn't help all the people hacked at Target.