Valued Contributor
do you like to keep in touch with those who reply? I sort of feel as if it is part of the conversation to reply --- or do you simply drop off the topic and move on?
Super Contributor

Re: when you start a thread,

I would say that 99% of the time I would probably reply to threads I've started but so far I haven't replied to the 'pet friendly college' thread. I do read it though. It was a topic I found interesting but I don't really have much to add.

Respected Contributor

It depends on how the thread evolves. When I start a thread, I try and converse with those who respond to my post. Many folks don't respond to the original post, they respond to another responder, and many times that response is something dragged over from another thread or a dispute from years back! At that point, more often than not I give up and move on.

Honored Contributor

I do. There are many times when I'd like to start threads, but I know I won't be around much to respond to the replies (although I might be able to read them, off and on during the day,from my iphone)

Valued Contributor

It depends on the thread. Some are for discussion/conversation and others are more of a FYI type.

Honored Contributor

I think when you start a thread that you should always go back and reply. So many times someone will ask a question then never returns.

What if someone calls you on the phone, leaves a message to call them but you never call them back.

I'm sure sometimes people may forget but they can check their activity.

Valued Contributor

I agree with all of you---it doesn't matter if the topic evolves or not, it almost feels like good manners to keep in touch or reply when it seems right. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

I think when you start a thread that you should always go back and reply. So many times someone will ask a question then never returns.

What if someone calls you on the phone, leaves a message to call them but you never call them back.

I'm sure sometimes people may forget but they can check their activity.

I am with you SGH....at least in the beginning....You do not have to stick around all day...but I think it is good manners to check back for a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 sylviahomeatlast said: do you like to keep in touch with those who reply? I sort of feel as if it is part of the conversation to reply --- or do you simply drop off the topic and move on?

Most of the time, depending on the topic of the thread and the number of replies, I try to keep in touch with those that responded or asked questions about the thread. I am one that believes that if someone starts a thread asking a question, it is only good manners to reply to those that take the time to try to answer them for you.

No way I simply drop them. Never have and never will.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

How do you start a thread?