Honored Contributor

Tony Stewart to Race on Sunday 8/31

He will be driving the Bass Pro Shop No. 14 Chevrolet at Atlanta Motor Speedway. NASCAR Executive President Steve O'Donnell stated that Mr. Stewart has "received all necessary clearances required to return to all racing activities."

Super Contributor

Re: Tony Stewart to Race on Sunday 8/31

Being cleared is one thing....IMHO, that man will face a torrent of extremely angry former fans for not staying out the rest of this season.

Honored Contributor

I wish him well. I'm not a Stewart fan, but people need to remember that this has hurt and affected him, too. The racing community is a close knit family and everything is important to them. None of them want things like this to ever happen to anyone, much less one of their own.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Looking forward to seeing him return to Atlanta this weekend.

Super Contributor

I haven't heard a lot of angry former fans over the past weeks.

The only negatives I have seen or heard are from people who were never fans of his in the first place. Those of us who are fans of Tony and fans of NASCAR in general realize this was a terrible unfortunate accident. Many racers have come back after tragic events and raced earlier than Tony.

I think real NASCAR fans will welcome him back Sunday. If he feels he is ready, and has been cleared to race, then I say "Welcome Back".

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Preds said:

I wish him well. I'm not a Stewart fan, but people need to remember that this has hurt and affected him, too. The racing community is a close knit family and everything is important to them. None of them want things like this to ever happen to anyone, much less one of their own.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 JamicaJammer said:

Being cleared is one thing....IMHO, that man will face a torrent of extremely angry former fans for not staying out the rest of this season.

He should be out the rest of the season. To get back in it so soon , after that. No way!

Frequent Contributor

Welcome back Smoke

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Super Contributor

I'm so glad to hear this news!

-HIF

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Linders Back said:

I haven't heard a lot of angry former fans over the past weeks.

The only negatives I have seen or heard are from people who were never fans of his in the first place. Those of us who are fans of Tony and fans of NASCAR in general realize this was a terrible unfortunate accident. Many racers have come back after tragic events and raced earlier than Tony.

I think real NASCAR fans will welcome him back Sunday. If he feels he is ready, and has been cleared to race, then I say "Welcome Back".

I agree........Welcome back Tony........