Trusted Contributor

If anyone's been following the Market Basket brewhaha, it's coming to a close and the employees WON. Arthur T. Demoulas, the former CEO who was forced out is back in.

It's a family owned company with two factions who didn't get along, one led by Arthur T. Demoulas and the other by his cousin Arthur S Demoulas. Well, Arthur T did a lot for employees and kept prices down for customers. He was forced out by Arthur S and the workers and customers went ballistic. This has been playing out for the past couple of months.

My sister lives in Boston (where the store is headquartered) and can't wait to start shopping there again.

Any other thoughts/feelings on this?

Biancardi, I know you had supported the workers in this and live in Boston, so you must be happy too. I'm thrilled and I can't even shop there. lol Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Market Basket, workers WIN!

Just read it's costing $1.5 BILLION for Arthur T to buy back the company. Just hope by the time the deal is inked, there is something left to buy.

Honored Contributor

This is GREAT news!

Mike Barnacle on Morning Joe talked about how much Arthur T loved his employees and his customers.

Sometimes the Good Guy DOES win!!!

Trusted Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Linders Back said:

Just read it's costing $1.5 BILLION for Arthur T to buy back the company. Just hope by the time the deal is inked, there is something left to buy.

It's gonna bounce back no problem. People can't wait to start shopping there again. It'll come back stronger than ever.

He paid based on the company's valuation at the beginning of the summer before all the problems. It's a good investment.

Respected Contributor

Market Basket is currently invading Maine--high quality and low prices. The company will probably bounce back. I've not been following it closely but my sister has--she lives in Maine.

Honored Contributor

I'm happy to hear this news. It is a great store.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Regular Contributor

Personally I don't shop there very often -- never had one of their stores that close to me until I moved to senior living -- but I know most of the people here will be thrilled. They seem to love the prices. I find the store too big and confusing

Honored Contributor

Love this story.

Love the relationship between Arthur T and the employees. There should be more like him!

Respected Contributor

I was so happy to hear the news this morning! With the country divided by rich and poor these days, when was the last time the 99% put their jobs on the line for the 1%? Fantastic that the little guy won. The employees risked everything to get their beloved CEO back and now they can get back to work. I heard that Arthur T. addressed the employees at headquarters this morning and that the crowd was overflowing.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Love this story.

Love the relationship between Arthur T and the employees. There should be more like him!

Mike Barnacle said he really cares about his customers too...that's right up there in importance!