Trusted Contributor

Anyone ever have a good experience with on-line dating, like OurTime.com?

Just curious about success stories. I know the ax-murderers stories.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever have a good experience with on-line dating, like OurTime.com?

Not me personally, but I know someone whose wife passed away too soon. He was still a young man (early 50's) who shouldn't have to endure the rest of his days alone. He joined eHarmony and met someone. She lived a couple of hours away. Long story short, one thing led to another and they got married a few years ago.

Another story...someone I used to work with joined a dating website (not sure which one or if he joined several). He met someone who lived on the east coast. My former co-worker quit his job and sold his home here and move east and be with his new boyfriend. They were together for a few years, but are now splitsville.

If you're going to do it, I've heard that eHarmony has the best success rate. Good luck, but be careful. I honestly don't think I could ever do it myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn met Joe on eHarmony, I believe. I sincerely doubt that I could go that route. Too scary.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Try to find someone who lives nearby. You can keep better track of him/her, just to make sure he/she doesn't have a spouse and/or GF/BF.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Like I said, curious about SUCCESS stories. I know all the potential pitfalls.

Valued Contributor

My friend met a woman on e Harmony three years ago and I am happy to say they are deliriously happy and living together. Both had terrible divorces and are not ready to consider marriage at this point.

Respected Contributor

Not me personally but I have a friend who met her dh online dating site. And another girl I know is now engaged from one of those sites.

That said....if I were single...I wouldn't do it.

Super Contributor

They need to change the name of the site. Our Time sounds like a retirement home.

I know a few people who are on eHarmony. They say it's just okay.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who met her husband on EHarmony.

She did have to wade through a bunch of toads before she met him, but they seem very happy together!

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 ------ said:

They need to change the name of the site. Our Time sounds like a retirement home.

I know a few people who are on eHarmony. They say it's just okay.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} As one woman on one of their ads explained, Our Time means it is time for us to enjoy our lives, free from the childraising duties, etc. Free to come and go and have a good time with someone equally on "their own time".

I know when I first talked to my husband on the phone (before we dated) - we were talking about our families, etc. He said, I have a great 19 year old son.

I paused and said, Does he live with you?

He said, Oh no, he lives and works out of state.

I said, Okay, go on {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ETA, I met my husband, in person, at church.