Esteemed Contributor

I was watching a video showing a Dennis Basso coat with Dennis and Jane Rudolph Treacy. She really wouldn't let him talk, and then pronounced excitedly, "This coat is for everyone on your list, from your teenager to your great-GREAT grandma."

I had to watch her say it a few times, because each time it made me laugh. I'm sure my teenager and my great-great grandma wouldn't think of wearing the same coat, but they would in Jane-Land.

It just struck me funny. I guess they will say anything to sell a coat, or a pair of shoes, or anything else.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

Ha!

I don't think I would want to wear the same coat my GG G-ma would wear. But that's just me.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

Maybe if my Great-Great-Grandma wore Chanel or Balmain or Valentino or Saint Laurent.

Super Contributor

She probably doesn't even know she said it--just mindless chatter. My GD's great-great grandmother would be . . . . . .130?

Honored Contributor

She used a tag line that all the hosts on all the shopping channels use and her JOB is to sell stuff. Like any good sales person, she'll say whatever it takes to make a deal. It might have been better if she used the always popular "I own this coat in every color!".

Trusted Contributor

Respected Contributor

Sunala...what do you think?

Esteemed Contributor

You're right. They all say anything to get people to buy. My great great grandmother wouldn't wear a coat I wore as a teen and vice versa.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

We were so poor growing up I wore the same coat as my great great grandma. At the same time.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/26/2014 scotttie said:

Sunala...what do you think? {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.wub}

scottie, that about says it all {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett