Honored Contributor

I just ate my first local sweet juicy peach (over the sink)...it was SO GOOD! Between the peaches and tomatoes, I'm in Farmer's Market Heaven!

I like my peaches plain...or grilled.

But I have never made a peach pie in my life and I'm thinking there may be one in our future!

What's YOUR favorite late summer treat?

Valued Contributor

Peaches are one of my favorite things on earth Terrier!! Nothing is better than peach ice cream on a hot summer day.

Enjoy!!

Super Contributor
I love white peaches. They are so much sweeter than regular ones. I think I must have eaten a dozen of them in the past couple weeks. I have a recipe for peach walnut dump cake and I am preparing it for my garden club meeting I am hosting in October. Will probably have to use canned peaches, but if I control my impulse I will cut up fresh peaches and put them in the freezer for the cake.
Super Contributor

Loving the peaches and cherries right now. Our farmer's market has Colorado peaches and they are so much better than what is in the grocery store. So sweet and juicy, wish we could get them all year. The cherries have also been amazing, like candy. I love the fall harvest for veggies, but summertime is so wonderful for the variety of fruits.

Super Contributor

Peach Ice Cream. Peach Cobbler but not made by me. I've eaten a few local in last week or two . . . but they are messy.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I'll join you with peaches.

...and muskmelon (not cantaloupe) and watermelon

Super Contributor
We have awesome farms 10 minutes from where I live, Pick your own fruits and veggies. We go twice a week. Last week made afew peach/blueberry crumbles. Yummmmmm
Respected Contributor
Peaches from Wenatchee, Wa. I love peaches just about any way. Peach cobbler is one of my favorites. Peaches, apricots, and cherries are my favorite fruits.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I just bought some yesterday, I love peaches {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

I'm with you - peaches and tomatoes. I live in a farming community and our local grocery stores have a section where they sell only ""locally grown veggies"" this time of the year. They show the name and location of the farm and all are from right here in our little town or no more than 15 or 20 miles away.