Respected Contributor

Sam's Club has holiday/Christmas stuff out

I'm not ready for this. I haven't even bought school supplies yet.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Valued Contributor

Re: Sam's Club has holiday/Christmas stuff out

Yay!!! I love looking at it when no one else is interested!

Honored Contributor

I am starting to smell Turkey, Yum!! Not ready to shop but do love all the other from Halloween until the Super Bowl. For me that is the holiday season. So once the Halloween candy hits the shelf it is time to buy and plan.

I have already started considering my menu.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I saw Halloween stuff at Costco this week and last too. But only Christmas was the rolls of ribbon. Haven't been to Sam's in last week or two. I alternate between the two.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's everywhere already & I don't like being rushed into a December state of mind when I'm still trying to enjoy what's left of summer. Oh, well, for those of you who relish this stuff, have a ball.

Super Contributor

I'm waiting until Sept 1st or after Labor Day to put out Fall Decorations . . . then add a few Halloween items for month of October . . . then back to Fall only until Thanksgiving and add some turkey themed items for month of November. I haven't even looked to see when Thanksgiving falls this year as I try to wait until after Thanksgiving Dinner to decorate for Christmas but the years I go all out and put up multiple full sized trees . . . I'd rather start a little sooner . . . maybe this year I'll have the energy to put up the kids 7' trees in their bedrooms with most of their ornament collections on them . . . some years I just run out of steam or travel too much and run out of time.

Honored Contributor

Might be handy for those who like to attach decorations to the outside of the house and/or the trees while the weather is still warm.

Regular Contributor

On 8/20/2014 JJsMom said:

I'm not ready for this. I haven't even bought school supplies yet.

1000% ITA

Honored Contributor

The pottery place I go to got all their Halloween and Christmas pottery pieces in. I understand that though because people need time to actually glaze and decorate the pieces before the holidays get here.

Ok, ok.... I've already made a reindeer plate/platter. So cute I couldn't resist.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

They had a halloween candy display (candy corn, pumpkin candies, etc.) at the grocery store.

About a month ago I saw marked down fall decor at Hobby Lobby. Along with 5+ aisles of CHRISTMAS stuff.

Wayyyyyy too soon.