Not applicable

Hi! got my GREAT dish (corn cob) but...one flat broken{#emotions_dlg.scared} Called Q they gave number to Temp. who told me "no replacement available{#emotions_dlg.sad} but to call Q back...spoke to Jane she's sending replacement set and I'll send back broken set AFTER I check out new one,,NO CHARGESmile WOW!! IT DON'T GET NO BETTER THAN THAT!!! El

Honored Contributor

...that was just the FIRST of the breaks, cracks and crazing you will soon be experiencing.

Good luck on it staying in one piece until Labor Day!

I just checked out the reviews...EIGHT on the first page alone came with broken pieces!!!!

What is wrong with you people?.....ordering replacements?...they will be broken in no time flat.

Honored Contributor

Is this the big corn bowl with the lid?

I saw that and knew it would break.

Honored Contributor

I collect old pottery and have a lot of 1950 era Shawnee corn pieces...check them out on eBay. You'll get a vintage piece that will LAST!

Honored Contributor

Check out the reviews...4 and a half stars, yet almost everyone got broken pieces!!!!

H202718

Honored Contributor
On 8/20/2014 terrier3 said:

Check out the reviews...4 and a half stars, yet almost everyone got broken pieces!!!!

H202718

if they were broken during shipment and they are making good on replacing the pieces what is the difference? i think that set is so adorable!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It is adorable.

It would be cute to serve corn bread or corn muffins to go along with a big pot of chili too.

Honored Contributor
On 8/20/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 8/20/2014 terrier3 said:

H202718

if they were broken during shipment and they are making good on replacing the pieces what is the difference? i think that set is so adorable!

If it breaks surrounded by bubble wrap...what are the chances it will survive as a serving piece?

Slim to none.
I think it's cute too...but there are plenty of other companies that make better quality versions of this theme.

Honored Contributor

i have had good luck with my temptations items, going all the way back to the beginning. y most recent purchases were the dragonfly pieces (which i hope she expands on). i am willing to take the chance if qvc and/or temptations backs up their merchandise. the best to buy these will be when the holiday returns go into effect during september.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Is the corn dish a Temptations brand?

I'd once received a broken piece of Polish Stoneware and was told to not send it back. It doesn't make sense. If someone tries to get a second piece but have to prove the first was broken, they'd have to break it themselves. I'm surprised QVC wants to receive broken pieces that can cut.