Honored Contributor

Kate Gosselin and kids back on tv due to success of her specials

Honored Contributor

Re: Kate Gosselin and kids back on tv due to success of her specials

I realize there is another thread about it posted here, but I didn't know if she was just having other specials or what until I read this article.

Honored Contributor

Yuck.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I didn't realize her shows were so popular. Meh {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I'd much rather watch "The Duggars" any day of the week.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

Never try to second guess what the American public will like on tv, considering how so many kwap shows are still running. I won't name any names lest I offend someone & start an ugly argument.

Anyway, I guess that show's better than some & not nearly as good as others. Personally, I got hooked on The Little Couple & look forward to their next season. At least they seem like a happy, well-adjusted family.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if people just tuned in to check it out yet she got put back on the air? I read that she fell out with her best friend. Who will be on her show? Fake friends? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I read somewhere that Kate and her "bodyguard" have split up. He is married and the article said they (he and Kate) were having an affair.

Why would she need a bodyguard anyway? I could see where he would be needed to keep the papparazzi away from the kids, but he was with her when the kids weren't even around.

Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/19/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Never try to second guess what the American public will like on tv, considering how so many kwap shows are still running. I won't name any names lest I offend someone & start an ugly argument.

Anyway, I guess that show's better than some & not nearly as good as others. Personally, I got hooked on The Little Couple & look forward to their next season. At least they seem like a happy, well-adjusted family.

Oh, c'mon - I won't be offended. I do like The Little Couple too, although I believe it's scripted more than most - we never see the nanny (Kate) around much and Bill and Jen are Producers of the show, so it's done "their" way..... It's a good thing. Those kids are absolutely adorable, smart and funny......{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I watched one of those ""specials"". There was very little about the kids; it was mostly about Kate. She is not an interesting person. I would not sit and watch another show about someone so shallow. The kids are not that cute anymore. I don't see the appeal of this family and I can't stand the Duggars.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

On 8/19/2014 VCamp2748 said:

I don't think people watch because they like it. I think it's like a train wreck and you can't turn away. People are just curious. Whatever the case, it's working for Kate.