LOL!

Honored Contributor

Re: My Dance Class last night

And this was the Modern dance class.

Ballet to come tomorrow!

No, I am NOT wearing a tutu!!!

Honored Contributor

But did YOU have fun? That's what it's all about!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Preds said:

But did YOU have fun? That's what it's all about! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I had a lot of fun!

And the other women (some of whom have danced for years and years- ages ranged from like 12 to 60) were lovely!!!

The first 20 minutes I thought, "Oh, I GOT this!" The last 40 minutes were crazy!!!

Teacher says I'll catch on quick and will do fine.

So there's that!

Honored Contributor

Do it! It will be so much fun and so worth it. Glad everyone welcomed you. Sounds like a good group to ""play"" with.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Preds said:

Do it! It will be so much fun and so worth it. Glad everyone welcomed you. Sounds like a good group to "play" with.

I think they were a little skeptical at first as I look like maybe I could be a real dancer and they thought Oh, who is this newbie who thinks she's going to take over, or something like that? Some of them know me from seeing me hoop dance, which I'm fairly good at!

But this is totally different and I think they were kind of relieved that I was so NOT taking over. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I was in awe of some of them, particularly one college girl who has been dancing since she was 4.

And the teacher, she's very good and is very competent in many styles of dance. I watched her teaching a young group of tappers before my class started. Those little girls were too cute!

Valued Contributor

Have fun Kitty...and thank you very much for what you did earlier this morning.

Super Contributor

Sounds like FUN. Wish I was brave enough to do that. I have two left feet, I think.

So glad my daughter didn't get my two left feet and danced for 15 years. She LOVED tap. She was always one of the best tappers in her class through the years. Acro, not so much, she had the fear and just couldn't overcome it. She enjoyed ballet, jazz & even pointe but even did a few tap solos through the years.

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Jannabelle said:

Have fun Kitty...and thank you very much for what you did earlier this morning.

I'm sorry it couldn't stay.

Honored Contributor

On 8/19/2014 Qwackertoo said:

Sounds like FUN. Wish I was brave enough to do that. I have two left feet, I think.

So glad my daughter didn't get my two left feet and danced for 15 years. She LOVED tap. She was always one of the best tappers in her class through the years. Acro, not so much, she had the fear and just couldn't overcome it. She enjoyed ballet, jazz & even pointe but even did a few tap solos through the years.

I took ballet when I was younger (MUCH younger!!!) but didn't stay with it - don't remember why - think maybe I had to make a choice between that and horseback riding lessons and horses won.

Wish I'd kept it up now! I admire dancers so much. When I was little my grandmother's neighbor had a daughter who was a Rockette. I just LOVED her!!!! She was so nice to me and would show me her beautiful costumes and tell me about her dancing. We'd go into Rockefeller Centre to watch her dance. So much fun!

I hope I can start to follow choreography a bit better than I did last nite or it's going to be a really L-O-N-G semester!!!

LOL