Super Contributor

What is your favorite holiday?

Easter? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Valentine's Day (not an official holiday), 4th of July? Mother's Day? ....

Christmas {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite holiday?

New Years' Day. There's always hope on that day.

Honored Contributor

I've always been partial to Labor Day. The onset of autumn is my favorite time of year.

Super Contributor

On 8/18/2014 brewhaha said:

New Years' Day. There's always hope on that day.

That's so true!!

Respected Contributor

I think Thanksgiving. It's a time when I've always had four days off. It seems like a time when we've just had time to relax, shopping, movies, etc. We've always gotten together with family, or taken a trip somewhere together. My favorite Thanksgiving was spent in a cabin in the Wallowa Mountains in Oregon. Deer and snow! Smiley Happy Also, it's the start of the "holiday" season, so things just seem to start getting more festive then. Getting out Christmas decorations, shopping, etc.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I don't have one now.
Honored Contributor

Thanksgiving is No. 1 for me. All that food and only shopping for the food not gifts. Then bring on the football then more food.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Thanksgiving. I give thanks all year round but enjoy a day set aside just for that. I also like the holiday meal too. Not stuffing or gorging myself but enjoying the meal and the company with the wonderful smells.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Thanksgiving. A wonderful day full of family and friends, without all that crazy gift buying. It really is a great day to pause and appreciate what you have.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

Christmas, I love the decorations, the food (especially the cookies), and being with family.