Trusted Contributor

Microfiber sheet set from Walmart?

I am just a little bit of a sheet snob (not really), and I have always bought 100% cotton sheets, but I decided to take a second look at microfiber sheets. I read the reviews on Walmart.com, and there are a lot of really good reviews so I decided to buy a set. They didn't have the color I wanted in the set I wanted, but for about $11 more there was a set with embroidered detail. I decided to get those.

I got them home, washed them, and hung them out on the line. It wasn't until I was folding them that I noticed that the sheets appear to have two different sides to them. The underside of the fitted sheets felt much slicker (almost a cross between nylon and satin), which was fine with me, as I won't be sleeping on that side, but then I noticed the flat sheet has the same feeling to its underside which would be against my skin.

The other side of the sheet has more of a soft, brushed feel, which I would much rather have against my skin.

Does anyone own these microfiber sheets from Walmart or any other microfiber sheets? Can you tell me if your sheets have that same two sided feeling to them? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Microfiber sheet set from Walmart?

My microfiber sheets from Walmart feel pretty much the same on both sides to me.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

I would make the bed with the microfiber on the top sheet toward the bed and the sllck side facing up. That is for when a person makes their bed and turns back the covers, the correct side shows.

Super Contributor

I would take the microfiber sheets back to Walmart and get cotton.

Respected Contributor

I consider myself a sheet snob too...and in the past have ordered when it was Shop NBC their egyptian cotton...with great results..loved them..so the other day I bought a set that had pretty good reviews...well they must not be used to good sheets lol..the elastic was stretched out..they were "meh"..supposedly 700 ct egyptian cotton...I opened them..washed them and took them on vacation with us as I thought..how fantastic new sheets for vacation..well I should of taken something old that I loved..as I very well cannot send them back now after sleeping on them a week and washing a couple times...so hopefully maybe they will break in LOL

That said, in Ollie's the other day I bought a four pack of pillow cases with embroidery on them..for $7.99..I wasn't too worried as I have a ton on of pillows and figure if I don't like them..I can bury them..but when I unzipped them in the store to feel..they were pretty soft..well I got them home..washed them and LOVED THEM..so I am now going back to see if they have sheets..I don't care what they are made of ..they are fantastic..and I do believe they are microfiber!!

Honored Contributor

After I got my first pair of microfiber sheets I wasn't so sure since they're a little "slippery" and I wasn't used to that feeling. But, now I love them, especially for the summer months. Even my DH likes them.

Mine have the same feeling on both sides. I love how they launder with no wrinkles and quick drying. I now have two sets and perhaps will get a third.

ETA: And, yes, they are not hot which makes them great for summer. Sue 98, I hope you give them a try.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your replies, everyone. I haven't put the sheets on my bed yet, and I'm still contemplating taking them back. I keep feeling them, and I'm wondering if it's my imagination that they feel different on both sides. I don't think it is my imagination. I was just wondering if this is typical of microfiber sheets.

Honored Contributor

i love microfiber sheets. no, i dont notice any difference in the feeling of the top side or bottom side. i usually get mine from hsn......the concierge collection. the pricing AND the feel of them are wonderful to me. so much better than all cotton sheets! they wash well, wear well, no wrinkles, and arent hot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I own a set of microfiber sheets from QVC and I fairly recently bought a set from ShopHQ that were a Top Value.

I don't find them hot at all to sleep on as some swear they would be. I find they are great to sleep on and almost cool but not cold.

After having a few sets of these, I am pretty much over buying all cotton sheets. Love these.

With my set from QVC, I do notice that the top feels more "sueded" than the bottom. The set from ShopHQ feels the same, top and bottom.

Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 MaggieToo said:

I would make the bed with the microfiber on the top sheet toward the bed and the sllck side facing up. That is for when a person makes their bed and turns back the covers, the correct side shows.

Perfect solution. Your body will be sandwiched in between the comfy sides of the sheets.