Frequent Contributor

I've been a QVC shopper since they were known as CVN. Long time!! However, I'm fairly new to the Community Boards here. While I'm more of a "reader" and not too much of a "responder", I've enjoyed many of the posts and I have replied to a few.

However, one thing I have learned is that no matter what the topic of the post, there is always (yes, always!!) someone or someones that feel the need to post negative replies. I just do not comprehend that mind-set. If you don't agree with the post, or you don't like an item someone says they love, or you think the sky is red instead of blue.....why the need for negative and/or nasty comments?? I just cannot wrap my head around someone's need to create a hostile environment. I've seen it happen over and over.

I guess this just reinforces my desire to stay away from social media in every form. Yes, I know there will be those that say "don't let them get to you", or "focus on the good here" or to "go **** myself".......but, it's just......sad that it's this way.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

Re: Just My Thoughts........

Well, I guess social media, bulletin boards/forums are not for everyone. You definitely have to know how to deal with a wide variety of characters and not be faint-hearted or easily dissuaded by crazy people from posting.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Respected Contributor

Do you know how to use use the "ignore" feature? If a certain poster annoys you, hit the button and you'll never see their posts again. The only catch--you have to be signed in for it to work.

Yes, the comments that just bash commenters slow the flow, but if you use ignore most of the malcontents magically go away.

Honored Contributor

I appreciate your thoughts, ShellBell and I think ktlynam gave you a great answer. She is right ....you have to know how to deal with a wide variety..... Staying here could be a good way to do that or not. I suspect that many of us who stay have been to the school of "hard knocks" with one or more of these "characters" in their own every day lives and are not too shocked by them. Life is a great teacher and you can learn a lot from both the nice and the not so nice. I welcome your posts and hope you will consider staying Smile

Super Contributor

On 8/17/2014 jubilant said:

I appreciate your thoughts, ShellBell and I think ktlynam gave you a great answer. She is right ....you have to know how to deal with a wide variety..... Staying here could be a good way to do that or not. I suspect that many of us who stay have been to the school of "hard knocks" with one or more of these "characters" in their own every day lives and are not too shocked by them. Life is a great teacher and you can learn a lot from both the nice and the not so nice. I welcome your posts and hope you will consider staying Smile

ita. Nice post Jubilant (:

Honored Contributor

Well there is one flaw to the ignore feature...if the poster you are ignoring is quoted...you will see their posts.

I know you are expecting some good answer O/P but it is just the way it is and I do not hold out for any changes. You will have to grow a thick skin and maybe you will be the one who can ignore the negative posts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with most of what's been said here. There's a difference between expressing an opinion that is not the same as someone else's, which is fine, and a really negative comment or attack on another poster. We disagree all the time, and sometimes some of us just "agree to disagree", and it's all good. Or we may disagree strongly on one subject, but agree on another...it's a lot of good give and take. But when it comes to the negativity that gets personal and is said just to hurt someone or to "stir the pot" to see what else they can get going, that's where it should stop. But sometimes it does, because webbie deletes something, and sometimes it doesn't.

So if you can learn to enjoy the good things about the forums, and let the rest flow on past you, you can have a lot of fun, get a lot of good information and advice, and sympathy when you have problems. It's all in how you manage it within yourself....

Super Contributor

There are a lot of unhappy people out there and a lot of angry people. Then there are a lot of people who are just having a bad day. This provides the perfect outlet for them to transfer those feelings. I'm guilty of that too. Sometimes when I have a bad day and I post here, I find that it's reflected in my posts.

Honored Contributor

Thanks,voyager. Smile

Honored Contributor

Shellbell, although I haven't been a shopper here as long as you, I have been posting on the boards for quite some time. Please stick around, because we need more people like you!