Trusted Contributor

Why do testimonial callers talk about their medical conditions, illness, or deaths?

Why is it that testimonial callers mention their medical conditions, illness, or deaths. I don't understand that behavior.

Super Contributor

Re: Why do testimonial callers talk about their medical conditions, illness, or deaths?

probably because they are unbelievably lonely, isolated, and feel a kinship with the hosts who may be the only voices they have in their lives...think about it...

Or perhaps they just have no boundaries or self control?

Respected Contributor

Re: Why do testimonial callers talk about their medical conditions, illness, or deaths?

I just wish they would do away with all testimonial calls......most of them are cringe-worthy.

Valued Contributor

On 8/17/2014 stilltamn8r said:

probably because they are unbelievably lonely, isolated, and feel a kinship with the hosts who may be the only voices they have in their lives...think about it...

I think it's kind of sad but it's hard to feel kinship with a disembodied voice at a TV department store------
Respected Contributor

I agree that they are lonely and probably want sympathy. Usually older people are fixated on these issues. As I get older I am trying to stay busy and positive. We are all dealing with something and my issues probably pale beside someone else's.
Honored Contributor

On 8/17/2014 kingofcool1947 said: Why is it that testimonial callers mention their medical conditions, illness, or deaths. I don't understand that behavior.

You must not have a heart or compassion for anyone if you don't understand it!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't appreciate most of the calls either. The only ones that really make sense are those who say they already own the product and give their "positive opinions" certainly not those who comment they are just ordering it. Next step, the host asks what color?

The ones seemingly wanting sympathy; don't see that as much different from a lot of people on this board. I think the poster is right who said that QVC is like a family to so many of these people and that's a good thing; some of them probably have nobody.

Trusted Contributor

They do it because it's what matters to them and QVC is like family to them. I think it's sweetSmiley Happy
Regular Contributor

Because there's no one else who wants to listen to them talk about these things. Sad.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/17/2014 stilltamn8r said:

I agree with your first statement. I think they must not have any friends. I feel the same way about some of the posts on these boards. Anyway, wish they would do away with all calls and FB.