Honored Contributor

Pittsburgh ladies - we had the best corn yesterday...

I have ever eaten. It was from Trax farms out past library. We had company for lunch and they brought it. Simply delicious.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pittsburgh ladies - we had the best corn yesterday...

I got mine from the boys at Freedom Farms in Butler...it was good too.

Jessa
Honored Contributor

Web had gotten some at Butler farm market and it was good but no where near as good as the corn at Trax farms. We also just stopped along the road north of Mercer and bought some from an amish guy on the roadside - it was very good too, we got to pet his dog and his horse nudged me with her nose so I gave her a carrot. The amish guy said I was spoiling her.

Trusted Contributor

We always buy the local corn and vegetables when we can. Sounds like you had a nice time.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

On 8/15/2014 JESSA said:

I got mine from the boys at Freedom Farms in Butler...it was good too.

Isn't that the farm from Farm Kings? My sister goes there. I usually go to Volant to the Amish stand and sometimes over to Evans City.

Respected Contributor

On 8/15/2014 happy housewife said:

Web had gotten some at Butler farm market and it was good but no where near as good as the corn at Trax farms. We also just stopped along the road north of Mercer and bought some from an amish guy on the roadside - it was very good too, we got to pet his dog and his horse nudged me with her nose so I gave her a carrot. The amish guy said I was spoiling her.

Butler Farm Market has really good steaks and beef.

Regular Contributor

I go to Trax at least once a week---their corn is the best. I also love their asparagus in the spring and their blueberries are big and sweet. I think the blueberries are finished now. They also have unusual plants that you don't find at most garden centers. In fact, I just like Trax Farms.

Super Contributor

We've recently discovered Ambrose Farm Market in Cabot, PA. Wonderful produce and the corn was out of this world. They have a melon that beats anything I've ever tasted. It is something like a cross between a honeydew and a cantaloupe.

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 nunya said:
On 8/15/2014 happy housewife said:

Butler Farm Market has really good steaks and beef.

We have never gotten anything that was not great there.

Honored Contributor

On 8/16/2014 Katrinka23 said:

I go to Trax at least once a week---their corn is the best. I also love their asparagus in the spring and their blueberries are big and sweet. I think the blueberries are finished now. They also have unusual plants that you don't find at most garden centers. In fact, I just like Trax Farms.

I heard that some people are boycotting them because they allowed a shale well on the property. Those people are hurting themselves - cheating themselves out of the best produce around.I think people only get upset over the wells because they are jealous that they aren't getting that money and someone else is. Trax employes a lot of local people. I wonder if they ever thought of that?