Frequent Contributor

Would love to see L. Robertson take the challenge. It would be fun to watch

Respected Contributor

Get someone to challenge you ...do it ... and challenge her.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry. I don't see that happening with her.

Honored Contributor

MBR and Linda Davies did it - the video is on the blogs - they challenged Angel Smedley, the Susan Graver team and Carolyn Gracie. I never heard that any of them did it.

Respected Contributor

What is the purpose for doing this? I don't get it.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

To raise money and awareness of ALS.

Honored Contributor

I read that:The National ALS Association has received $1.35 million in donations in the past two weeks. That same period last year–it was $22,000.

This is an awful disease.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

Dumping a bucket of icy water over your head is a shock to your system cannot be healthy. I think it's a dangerous way to show support. The challenge is a bucket of ice water over your head and a small donation. The forfeit is a larger sum.

Honored Contributor
On 8/15/2014 anisa said:

Dumping a bucket of icy water over your head is a shock to your system cannot be healthy. I think it's a dangerous way to show support. The challenge is a bucket of ice water over your head and a small donation. The forfeit is a larger sum.

My 65 year old husband participated the other day and said it wasn't bad at all. Unlike football coaches who are surprised with huge containers of ice cold liquids in freezing cold weather, here the participants are well aware what is about to happen.

Honored Contributor
On 8/15/2014 anisa said:

I don't think anyone has died as yet, for heaven's sake. Ethyl kennedy did it and she is pretty old.