Esteemed Contributor

Grumpy Cat/Friskies 2014: Vote for videos to help donate food to cat rescue & shelter groups

This is posted in the Pet Lovers Forum, but I thought I would also put it here so maybe more people will see it. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to help by voting for your favorite 30-second video or watching Grumpy Cat and others on the Youtube video.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Internet Cat Video Awards: Friskies has held a contest for cat videos, and when you vote on your favorites for the finalists, they will donate cans of food to animal rescue organizations. You can vote one time per day, every day, from now until September 8. Here's the story - PLEASE VOTE AND HELP THESE PRECIOUS SHELTER CATS. This is where you need to go: www.TheFriskies.com (The count is over 138,000 cans donated so far)

"Wow! We received thousands of entries for The Friskies 2014! Our judges have reviewed all the wonderful (and some very weird) submissions and whittled the stack down to just twelve entries for you to review and vote on (beginning August 11, 2014.)

Now, with your support, we'll make a donation of thousands of cans of Friskies to 10 partner animal-rescue organizations around the country.

Every time you vote for a video, we will donate 1 can of Friskies*...up to 250,000 cans! The voting period starts 12:00:01 a.m. ET on Agust 11th and runs through 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET on September 8th.

Visit www.TheFriskies.com for details.

*1 can per voting entry per day"

They are also donating dry food to cats at shelter and rescue organizations just for viewing the "Cat Summer" video on Youtube. This is the address:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1oCrqfmC8&feature=youtu.be

"Published on Jul 16, 2014

Grumpy Cat, Nala Cat, Hamilton the Hipster Cat, Oskar the Blind Cat & Klaus star in Friskies' latest music video, "Cat Summer." For every video view, Friskies is donating one meal to cats in need around the country (up to 1 MILLION meals). Share this video and help shelter and rescue cats this summer!"

(I hope this post comes out okay so you can vote and view the Cat Summer video to help shelter and rescue cats.)

2014 MTV Movie Awards - Arrivals

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Grumpy Cat/Friskies 2014: Vote for videos to help donate food to cat rescue & shelter groups

The donation count is up to 145,268 cans of food to be donated by Friskies for shelter and rescue cats!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Remember that you can vote until it reaches 250,000 cans or September 8th. It only takes a minute, and you will be helping some needy little kitties! Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Grumpy Cat/Friskies 2014: Vote for videos to help donate food to cat rescue & shelter groups

A wonderful idea. Thanks!!!

Super Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I just watched all the videos and voted. Not to be a Grumpy Cat, but I was kind of surprised that some of those videos were finalists.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/14/2014 Smurfette said:

Thanks for posting this. I just watched all the videos and voted. Not to be a Grumpy Cat, but I was kind of surprised that some of those videos were finalists.

When I watched them, so was I! In posting pictures and GIFS of cats on the "Pictures of Just Cats" thread, there are so many out there that are hilarious, but I guess those people didn't enter the contest...{#emotions_dlg.confused1} You can vote for a different video every day if you want. That's what I'm doing--it just adds to the count. And thanks for taking the time!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

The vote count is up to 152,458 - which means all those cans of food to be donated. For anyone who has voted, thank you! It only takes a minute to help these kitties.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Esteemed Contributor

The vote count is up to 199,678 cans of food to be donated by Friskies to shelters and rescue organizations for needy little kitties! All it takes is a minute of your time to go to the website shown above, watch a few 30 second videos and vote. You can vote once per day until they reach the maximum of 250,000 cans or Sept. 8.

You can also help by going to the Youtube address given above and watching a video of little Grumpy Cat, Blind Cat, and other friends - for each view Friskies will donate a meal of dry food, up to ONE MILLION meals. It only takes a minute or two, and think how many precious cats and kittens you can help. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

I've already voted. And I click daily on The Animal Rescue Site to donate food to shelters. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Sweet and wonderful! Thanks for sharing this Kitty Mom!Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Sushismom said:

I've already voted. And I click daily on The Animal Rescue Site to donate food to shelters. Smiley Happy

Cats

Ditto, I do the daily clicking too, to help feed shelter kitties. {#emotions_dlg.wub}