Honored Contributor

Another example of very bad parenting

We had dinner at a local casual italian restaurant last night. The tables are small if there are 4 people so they put a small tray holder beside the table and place the pizza on there. At one point a family with young , <5 yr old, children came in and as the kids were passing people's pizzas they were touching them. One customer asked for a new pizza as he said the little girl had her fingers in her nose then put them on his pizza. I don't blame him at all. Of course the restaurant was happy to give him another pizza, and inform the parents they would be charged for it. Why on earth would anyone think it was ok to let their kids do that?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another example of very bad parenting

because there are parents out there that think their "darlings" can do no wrong....good for that couple asking for a new pizza....I would not want to eat it, either....

Honored Contributor

That is disgusting. I thought you were going to say the kids ran into that pizza tray and knocked it over. They probably play with their food at home and were never told not to.
Respected Contributor

Yuck! Even if the customer hadn't seen the child's finger in his nose, kids are dirt magnets to begin with, so I would have wanted a replacement pizza, too.

Honored Contributor

We were very glad we had not gotten a pizza as they sat right next to us.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I think kids just don't think when it comes to stuff like that. I would of requested a new pizza myself.

I am not sure I am going to blame the parents for this one .. You can teach your children multiple things and sooner or later they are going to do exactly what you taught them not to do..why? Cause they can and they are kids lol..

I can be a crotchy lady too when it comes to kids and their behaviors and lack of parental control.

My kids never acted up anywhere. They went out often with us and were used to it..and knew what behavior was expected. I try and ignore a lot these days now that I am a grandmother any my one grandson's mother has a bit different style then I do.

My grandson - his mother has major different parenting skills then I do and sees nothing wrong with letting him carry on..cry etc and disturb others.

Respected Contributor

Wait? I just read they charged the parents of the little girl for the pizza.. how did that go over with the parents?

Honored Contributor

That is disgusting and fingers up the nose or not I would have wanted a new pizza. IMO the parents should have been charged. Their child(ren) did that and why should the restaurant take the hit?

Honored Contributor

On 8/13/2014 happy housewife said:

We had dinner at a local casual italian restaurant last night. The tables are small if there are 4 people so they put a small tray holder beside the table and place the pizza on there. At one point a family with young , <5 yr old, children came in and as the kids were passing people's pizzas they were touching them. One customer asked for a new pizza as he said the little girl had her fingers in her nose then put them on his pizza. I don't blame him at all. Of course the restaurant was happy to give him another pizza, and inform the parents they would be charged for it. Why on earth would anyone think it was ok to let their kids do that?

And hurt their self esteem?

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Oh that's nothing. We were in a local pizza place not long ago. A family with two children, an infant and a toddler, were across the restaurant from us. We saw the toddler repeatedly pick.up and LICK the tops of those shakers they put on the table that hold the cheese and pepper to sprinkle on pizza. The parents didn't do anything. So, moral.of the story...beware f any condiments that sit out on restaurant tables. We did mention to.our server that they should clean out those condiments after the family left.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero