Respected Contributor

Downs Twin Left With Surrogate

So an Australian couple hired a surrogate in Thailand to carry their baby. It was discovered during the pregnancy that she was carrying twins and one of them had Downs. The couple wanted the Downs twin to be aborted. When the surrogate did not have Downs boy baby aborted, the couple took home the unimpaired baby girl but left the baby boy in Thailand with the surrogate who has vowed to raise the baby as her own. $200,000 has been donated by individuals to help the surrogate care for the child who has a heart ailment. I'm thinking maybe the Downs baby has ended up with the best parent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Downs Twin Left With Surrogate

What a tragic story. Thankfully, the surrogate wants the baby. I wonder whose egg was used?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

If the surrogate did not want to abide by the contract, then I guess this was the best outcome for everyone.

Honored Contributor

Seem so cut and dry.

I wonder if the parents will tell the baby they took home that he has a twin.

Honored Contributor

Fathers egg and he is being checked out now by his country because he has a record for child abuse. If it's true the surragate mother has said she will take the baby girl back and raise her, too. He is 56 or so and says that it's not true.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 brii said:

Seem so cut and dry.

I wonder if the parents will tell the baby they took home that he has a twin.

They took the baby girl.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Preds said:

Fathers egg and he is being checked out now by his country because he has a record for child abuse. If it's true the surragate mother has said she will take the baby girl back and raise her, too. He is 56 or so and says that it's not true.

Where is this surrogate getting the resources to contest guardianship?

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 SydneyH said:
On 8/6/2014 Preds said:

Where is this surrogate getting the resources to contest guardianship?

She's not. It was being investigated by his country once her story became public in her country.

Respected Contributor

Pathetic that having babies now has to be by contract.

Honored Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Preds said:

She's not. It was being investigated by his country once her story became public in her country.

So Thailand is worried about this one particular case? Considering the terrible track record they have with abused children, this strikes me as strange........