Super Contributor

Off Topic: Denim and Co. "How Comfy Knit Jeans"

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry that this question is off topic and if this question has been beaten into the ground, but I need to make a decision of whether or not to purchase... I know I could buy them and if I am unhappy send them back - but thought this might save me a step.

In the description it says that they are 96% cotton and 4% spandex, but in the name it says knit. My question is, do these pants look like normal denim jeans, or do they look more like polyester knit type of pant?

I am a school teacher, LOVE and live in jeans, but need colored jeans to wear to school. These seem perfect if they are NOT polyester knit looking pants.

Thanks for your time! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Off Topic: Denim and Co. ""How Comfy Knit Jeans""

Rooney......I am a lover of these knit jeans......own several pairs of them, plus the Bermuda shorts, and capris...... I own the jeans in the wine, evergreen, navy, and a couple other different colors....... To answer your question......no, they do not look like polyester knit. They do launder very nicely, and fit the same way they did before they were laundered......

As many know on here, I am true D&C fan, and I believe I can honestly say I think you will like them very much. I am 5'3", so I order the petite length.....perfect in length and rise.....

Super Contributor

On 7/31/2014 ShowMe said:

Rooney......I am a lover of these knit jeans......own several pairs of them, plus the Bermuda shorts, and capris...... I own the jeans in the wine, evergreen, navy, and a couple other different colors....... To answer your question......no, they do not look like polyester knit. They do launder very nicely, and fit the same way they did before they were laundered......

As many know on here, I am true D&C fan, and I believe I can honestly say I think you will like them very much. I am 5'3", so I order the petite length.....perfect in length and rise.....

Thanks ShowMe,

I read in some of the reviews that they ran a bit short? What do you think? I am 5' 5" with a bit longer leg - if that makes sense, but not a tall. Also, are they true to size or because of the spandex??? Size up or down?

Honored Contributor

I have a pair in gray. They look like jeans on the outside and knit on the inside. I wear them to work. I don't think they look polyester, nor do they look like high end jeans. They need ironing, like my jeans do. I think you'll like them.

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'6 and ordered my regular size and average length. They are plenty long. If you're between sizes, I think I'd go down. They do give.

Super Contributor

Thanks GrayCat!

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 Rooney1 said:
On 7/31/2014 ShowMe said:

Thanks ShowMe,

I read in some of the reviews that they ran a bit short? What do you think? I am 5' 5" with a bit longer leg - if that makes sense, but not a tall. Also, are they true to size or because of the spandex??? Size up or down?

Well, the petite are fine for me...... Since you are 5'5", you should be fine with the regular length.....especially with having a bit longer leg..... I have found them to be true to size....so if you wear a size 16, I would stick with the 16......(example)

When I take mine out of the dryer, I immediately fold them and hang them over a hanger, and do not have to iron them...... They are a very nice soft knit....and no, they don't look like a knit......

Super Contributor

Thanks for your input. I will bite the bullet and purchase a pair. Thanks again. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Rooney, I have a couple pair of these jeans. They do not look like polyester types at all. I love them as they are comfortable and wear + wash well. I also have Dream Jeannes from Cracker Factory and like them too. I think you will like them.

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 possummink said:

Rooney, I have a couple pair of these jeans. They do not look like polyester types at all. I love them as they are comfortable and wear + wash well. I also have Dream Jeannes from Cracker Factory and like them too. I think you will like them.

I'm sorry but this gave me a huge chuckle. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}