Respected Contributor

If someone trashes a rental house on purpose....

Can you post pictures on facebook with their names? They trashed the house, left cat poop everywhere, took all the doors off the hinges, stole the fridge, left trash everywhere, threw grease on the siding outside, ripped every screen on brand new Pella windows, etc.

We took pics. Can we post them with who lived there on facebook?

It won't help me, but it would make me feel better. Both the guy and gal have facebook pages and we do have some mutual "friends". So they will know.

They left town by the way. They no longer were working, so they owe rent also. Since they don't work, I doubt there is any change of recovering anything. I don't even know exactly where they went to for sure.

Honored Contributor

Re: If someone trashes a rental house on purpose....

I wouldn't do that. But that's just me. If they would do something like that, who knows what else they would do. I wouldn't want to start that fight with them.

Respected Contributor

Just to clarify, I'm not friends with them on facebook. But we have some of the same people as friends. This is a small town (less than 4,000), so that is not uncommon.

Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I wouldn't do that. But that's just me. If they would do something like that, who knows what else they would do. I wouldn't want to start that fight with them.

Yes, you do have a point.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't do something like that either.

mima, this was a house they were renting from you?

Respected Contributor

If you were to go ahead and post the photos, I would NOT attach their names. People will know who they are. Remember all the trouble that one guy got into for posting the some of the names of the teens who trashed his home?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if you can post info on those barbarians. If it were me, I would post the pics. Let others who may lease or rent to them know and be warned.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

Well I don't know that I'd post it on FB, but I would certainly call the police and press charges against them.

Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 brii said:

I wouldn't do something like that either.

mima, this was a house they were renting from you?

Yes, they were renting from us. We were in the process of evicting them for not paying. We had already given them notice to move. We were to go to court next week. They left on their own, but left the house a mess.

The house had beautiful Victorian type carved woodwork that they put huge nails in. They ruined the antique front door.

It had a new garage door with opener that they ruined also. Much more.....

Respected Contributor

On 7/28/2014 Dagna said:

Well I don't know that I'd post it on FB, but I would certainly call the police and press charges against them.

That would be a waste of time and money. They no longer work. They left town, so I don't know where they went.

They posted on facebook that they finally got our of that h3ll hole town.