Esteemed Contributor

Used Shoes...Do you Ever Buy Them?

There are some websites that are selling very expensive designer shoes that have been worn. They are selling for big bucks.

I would never wear used shoes, and I don't care if they're Manolos or Louboutins. Even rich people can have smelly feet and fungus {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Would you wear them if the price was right?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

Re: Used Shoes...Do you Ever Buy Them?

I am not into shoes
Super Contributor

No, I personally would not, but that is just me. I don't know why, but I have never wanted to wear used anything. I was not raised with a lot of money, but did have my own things. I'm somewhat of a confirmed germaphobe.
Esteemed Contributor

No. Shoes are fairly low on my list of must haves.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Uppity attitude sunala. If you feel above wearing gently worn clothing we should just do away with salvation army, goodwill and thrift stores. do you look down on people who have buy from these places, who have to wear smelly fungus ridden hand me downs. you can feel the love for the struggling people. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Respected Contributor

but used clothing can be washed.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/26/2014 herekitty_kitty said:

Uppity attitude sunala. If you feel above wearing gently worn clothing we should just do away with salvation army, goodwill and thrift stores. do you look down on people who have buy from these places, who have to wear smelly fungus ridden hand me downs. you can feel the love for the struggling people. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

You're kidding, right? Where did I say anything about used clothing? I said SHOES because I don't like the thought of wearing used shoes. CLothing can be washed or dry-cleaned, shoes cannot.

I don't know why I'm explaining this to you. You obviously didn't read what I said, or didn't want to. You added your own spin to it and went to town. Have fun.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I don't think I would ever have a reason to buy used shoes, but I would wear them if it was a shoe I would wear socks or hose with. Maybe not commando.
Honored Contributor

No way. I'm not into status shoes so the price wouldn't tempt me.
Honored Contributor

Well, I've gone bowling, rollerskating, and done other sports where I didn't own my own shoes for that sport,, and I rented suitable ones that were on site. I wore my own socks with them, and never had a problem.