Super Contributor

Confused about reviews on Black & Decker pivot vac

I was ready to buy this, but some reviews were awful, but most were good. Does anyone have this? Item # V32165 Black & Decker 18V Compact Pivot Vacuum w/Charging Base & Extra Filter QVC Price: $66.00 Featured Price: $59.94 Shipping & Handling: $8.47 Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H. See Details Easy Pay! 2 Installments of $29.97, plus Tax and S & H Good until July 28, 2014 2:59 a.m. ET See S&H and Easy Pay details Select Option: ?
Super Contributor

Re: Confused about reviews on Black & Decker pivot vac

Anyone?
Honored Contributor

I don't have that model but I do have the stick vac version which is also cordless. I got it at Walmart for about $70., several years ago. I also have the Dyson stick vac and this little B&D is every bit as good as the Dyson. It's a great little vac for quick pick ups. When I want to read accurate reviews, I check Amazon.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Ain't no way I would spend close to $75, with shipping and state tax, for any hand vacuum. Even moreso for an 18V cordless one. Most cordless tools now have 19V batteries in them and every volt counts when it comes to power, both continual and lasting power.

I would haul out my regular vacuum it has all the tools for about any job, inside or outside and tons of "no loss of suction power". I have a 150' outside cord and plenty of outlets around the outside of our house and in the garage.

Heck I could buy a pretty good canister or upright vacuum for that price and to me they would be more versatile and dependable for the right ones.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Thanks for the input!
Honored Contributor

That's the thing about reviews. One of most recent purchases was a CD player and some reviews were terrible. In this case, I'd pass simply because it seems too costly.