Regular Contributor

I understand Lori is one of the top female entrepreneurs in the country. But to me her new male assistant if sending the wrong message. She plays the helpless female while the "big strong man" demonstrates her products. (Not all but the larger items). It just bugs me. I grew up when the females always allowed the man to take the lead whether or not he was the best person for the job. If she doesn't want to bend over in her dress at least have a female assistant!

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's his stuff that she is selling.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

The only male I've ever caught Lori with was the man who invented the beanbag chair they showed a few days back. He was a shark tank candidate and since I had seen that show months ago, I never thought about gender roles when they were presenting. More like a newbie getting his time in the sun.

Trusted Contributor

On the other hand, it is Lorie who is the "boss"....with a man who is her "assistant". To me, that reversal of the traditional roles speaks well for women.

Honored Contributor

There was another gentleman presenting a repair tape...he was a Shark Tank candidate, as well. She dropped a box & he picked up while she continued w/ the presentation....maybe that's the incident the OP was referring. And she climbed up on that horizontal shovel to prove its strength, the gentleman helping her.

I love Lori! I like the way she's a closeted multi-zillionaire that's sharp like a whip, but presenting herself on QVC, she's just a big 'ole girl that's down home good...even wearing her pantyhose with sandals last night. Endearing...how can you not like that? Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen anyone present with her other than the shark tank person who developed the item.

Respected Contributor
On 7/26/2014 graycatsrule said:

I haven't seen anyone present with her other than the shark tank person who developed the item.

Same here. I don't recall Lori ever having an assistant with her on-air.

Respected Contributor
On 7/26/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Me three......I think that Lori has nothing to prove to herself or anyone else. She can let the big strong man play to her ""helpless"" female...it's all good .
Super Contributor
Since when foes doing something nice , like picking up something that has dropped, indicate "helplessness"??????
Honored Contributor
On 7/26/2014 VCamp2748 said:

She has a female assistant when she is not there. She presents wilth contestants from Shark Tank.