Honored Contributor

Another Baby Dies in Hot Car.....

Respected Contributor

Re: Another Baby Dies in Hot Car.....

With ALL the news coverage of this type of tragedy........IMO THERE IS NO EXCUSE for this........none what so ever....................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

This is just crazy that it continues to happen, and so often!

We've got to get working on an alarm system that would go off if baby & car seat are left in a car. Several people recently discussed how that could be done.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

I've been seeing ads on tv to remind people to never ever leave a child in a car. Sad that we need these ads to remind people.

They suggest putting a phone, brief case, purse, etc in the back seat, so that way, you won't forget.

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

Freaking idiots.

Esteemed Contributor

Mindboggling......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

We read about these sad stories every summer. Generally, it's fathers who usually don't transport the children. Their minds are on automatic pilot and they just forget about the babies. It seems like that's what happened in this particular case.

Honored Contributor

Terrible

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Freaking idiots.

That sums it up quite nicely, imo.

I would also add, this is a FOSTER parent. So much for the system. This is why I am against taking children away from parents like the mother in Phoenix, for instance.

Unless there is a record or signs of ongoing abuse, I'd rather have the kid stay with the parent and give the parent some guidance or support.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

So these were foster parents and neither man remembered there was a child unaccounted for until something on TV reminded them.

So sad.