Honored Contributor

If you want to look better, what do you tackle?

If you look in the mirror and you think ---- hmmm -- I could stand to spruce up my _______________ (fill in the blank) What would you be thinking about improving?

Mine is -- my makeup routine. I have gotten lazy. I want to find a few key things that I can dash on in a hurry and make me look more alive and well rested, but not over-done. Such as a great eye shadow to light up my eyes! If there are too many steps or too many products, I will not take the time -- I want to be done in a snap!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: If you want to look better, what do you tackle?

I am pretty happy with how I look, my skin is nice and clear, very few wrinkles (I am 59). My make up routine is very simple.

If I had the money I would have lipo on the thighs....that is where I have always carried my weight

Super Contributor

I'm like you AngelPups! Hate spending time putting on make up, I didn't even wear foundation until I HAD to even out my pale freckled skin tone (I was well into my 40s) and had to ask friends how to apply it. {#emotions_dlg.blush}.

I have rather hooded eyes and would love to have them done. Not just for looks but I'm prone to getting eczema in the creases, and have to be diligent about putting Vaseline on at night or I'll get itchy and flakey in no time. Eww!

Respected Contributor

Right now it is my weight. I need to gain back the 5 pounds or so I lost from that nasty cold I had most of the winter.

Honored Contributor

My teeth. I am in the process of a whole reconstruction right now. Some might say what of waste of time and money (using a discount dental plan) at my age, 76. But if I only live one more year I want to live it with my own teeth in my mouth.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

My eyes. I wear glasses and my eyes tend to look washed out. Just putting on some subtle eyeliner, close to the lashes, makes me feel better. Because I have rosacea, I'll add some soft green eye shadow which minimizes the red. Those two things make me look much better.

Respected Contributor

I make sure my hair always looks good.

I can go w/o makeup.....but if my hair doesn't look good, I don't feel right. I also feel more put together with a nice pair of earrings and a spritz of my signature scent.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Honored Contributor

It's always my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

My attitude. I work on getting out of my funk and sometimes will call a pal to share and help me with my attitude.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

For me it's my brows. I get them done professionally as I can't do them myself. I've tried of course, but my brow gal get get a nice shape and arch so much nicer. So at about 4 wks is when I start to notice I need to get back in and have them done. It really does a lot for framing the face and perking up a look. With my brows done, I can wear minimal makeup & feel good Smiley Happy