Respected Contributor

Is anyone watching the coverage of the arrival/processional? Netherlands....

The Dutch are paying respects, and it is very moving.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is anyone watching the coverage of the arrival/processional? Netherlands....

These people who have been brought to the Netherlands have not yet been identified. No one knows how many were actually citizens of the Netherlands, but they have all been afforded all the respect that the military gives to its own. I have been in tears off and on all morning watching this. This speaks volumes for that country......

Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone watching the coverage of the arrival/processional? Netherlands....

I understand that the victims are not yet id'd-- it actually reinforces my idea that we are all just humans, of the same universe.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Complicated said:

I understand that the victims are not yet id'd-- it actually reinforces my idea that we are all just humans, of the same universe.

ITA, the whole world is watching and is affected by this tragedy....I hope the European countries now get their act together to help reinforce the sanctions against Russia.

Esteemed Contributor

Very sad and moving to watch.

Respected Contributor

I was trying to have a thread about the victims and the respect being shown by the Dutch.

Oh well.

Super Contributor

*sigh* Out of respect to the victims and their surviving loved ones - can we keep politics out of this just once? All things will be sorted out but for today let's try to have a moment of silence instead of trying to top one another.

I didn't see the full coverage, only what our local news had just now. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Esteemed Contributor

I heard someone say that this is like 9/11 to them.

Esteemed Contributor

I am watching and moved to tears over and over.

Everything about it is dignified, but heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

I'm not watching the footage, but where have the bodies been all this time?