Occasional Contributor

WOW! It's been forever since I've posted (3yrs ago)

Hello Everyone,

I tell you Social Media came on the scene and stole me right away from the FORUMS. I was a BIG reader and occasionally shared. Last time I was here, I was early in my very FIRST pregnancy and a ball of emotions. I almost didn't remember my password and log in inform..

I hope some of the old gang is around but if not, new energies are always good.

My son is 2 now and I'm pulling off this single mother thing pretty good. I purchased my first home in Aug 2012 and I'm about 4 classes shy of my masters, but I feel like I'm missing companionship more than ever.

I consider myself a well-rounded, smart, moderately attractive young woman with a lot to offer that special someone; however "fish ain't biting"!!! I LOVE, LOVE and I believe LOVE is even more beautiful when shared by two, yet I can't seem to capture it....I know and totally agree about there being a SEASON for everything under the sun, but I guess I get a little impatient from time to time.

I'm a pretty happy go lucky gal and I guess I'm at peace (a little), but it sure is hard having to maintain a home, car, child and various other things ALONE! My family is not as supportive as most, so a lot of the times it feels like it's just me and my son against thw world.

I guess I'm looking for encouragement and STORIES of "happily ever afters" from others who at one time did not see LOVE on the horizon and out of nowhere it found you....I want to be a WIFE.....

Thanks for listening

Super Contributor

Re: WOW! It's been forever since I've posted (3yrs ago)

Well, welcome back - sounds like you have your life heading in a positive direction.

I guess I'm looking for encouragement and STORIES of "happily ever afters" from others who at one time did not see LOVE on the horizon and out of nowhere it found you..

The more you look for it, the less you may be able to see someone right in front of you.

jmo

Occasional Contributor

Awww thanks for the welcome back Cakers1.....

I've been stopped ""LQQking"" but that doesn't mean I don't want it........Ha!

Honored Contributor

Welome back! Hi, I'm Preds! Careful what you ask for .... he may be right around the corner. If he is, he'll find you. Congrats on your accomplishments. You've been a very busy lady. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Can't say that I recognize your "nic", but glad to hear you have found something to make your life more happy during your absence. I've been around here for over 14 years now and just can't remember this nic.

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

hckynut, funny you should say as I DEFINITELY remember you!!!

I remember MinkBunny, Circles, Ipod (or something close).... Now that I started calliing nics the others escape me.......Oh and Sunala (I think).......

Hckynut, I remember you are an older man (60ish) and a few years ago you were ill...Glad to see you are still in the "community"....

Respected Contributor

I remember you. There was a thread about nics and I asked if yours meant - 5 miles to Empty.

Welcome back

Respected Contributor

Welcome back, I had to log on and thank you for remembering me Smile

So glad things are going so well in your life and that you are open to share it all with someone special. Never forget that young love refers to the age of the love, not the lovers.

I, too, love LOVE and, yes, it can come at the most unexpected time.

We will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary next week {#emotions_dlg.wub} It has been magical.

Occasional Contributor

Awww- thats right NUNYA and I remember you too hon!!!

Happy! Happy Anniversary Minkbunny (w/the cowboy right) Thanks for logging in to say Hello....Are you still an AVID poster..

Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 5Mls2M-T said:

hckynut, funny you should say as I DEFINITELY remember you!!!

I remember MinkBunny, Circles, Ipod (or something close).... Now that I started calliing nics the others escape me.......Oh and Sunala (I think).......

Hckynut, I remember you are an older man (60ish) and a few years ago you were ill...Glad to see you are still in the "community"....

Hi 5Mls2M-T,

Maybe since I am one of the few males I am more easily remembered. I know it couldn't be because of my very short posts.

Yep, now I am an "old man" of 75 and doing better than I was when I was that "60ish". Maybe you can tell me the type of posts and/or what forums you participated in the most and that will jog a few brain cells around for me.

Many here have changed their "nic" so many times I think at times I am talking to the same person with a half dozen different "nics" While names can be changed, many haven't quite got the knack of changing their style of writing, and that many times is a giveaway to me.

I have always been an eternal optimist and whatever things you are facing in your life you will find a way to handle them. Always think positive and many times that is the determining factor in getting the best out of not so good life's event.

My best to you and yours,

hckynut(john)