Honored Contributor

Correcting Fellow Poster's Mistakes

I'm always in a quandary when it comes to correcting a fellow poster. Sometimes it seems better to say nothing but then other times I feel it's wrong to allow them to make the mistake when it may matter, like on a cover letter or thank you note. So far, I've kept my corrections to myself. But, I'll never forget a coworker sending a memo using jester when she meant gesture. I said nothing that time either.

Valued Contributor

Re: Correcting Fellow Poster's Mistakes

Grammar is important. For instance, commas save lives:

Let's eat grandpa.

OR

Lets eat, grandpa.

Esteemed Contributor

Whut chu mene?

I got a letter once on the job that said ""please consider my circumstances as I am the soul support of my family"".....

Honored Contributor

Just like I'd want someone to tell me if I had a bit of spinach stuck in my teeth, I'd like to be told if I consistently misspell a word.
Honored Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Snowpuppy said:

Whut chu mene?

I got a letter once on the job that said "please consider my circumstances as I am the soul support of my family".....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Now that made me laugh, I bet you did too.

Honored Contributor

On 7/17/2014 occasional rain said:

I'm always in a quandary when it comes to correcting a fellow poster. Sometimes it seems better to say nothing but then other times I feel it's wrong to allow them to make the mistake when it may matter, like on a cover letter or thank you note. So far, I've kept my corrections to myself. But, I'll never forget a coworker sending a memo using jester when she meant gesture. I said nothing that time either.

I see a mistake as something other than spelling or the construction of a paragraph or sentence. If I see something I know to be important, and I know it to be an untrue statement? No way I won't say something in the best way I know how.

Most take it without feeling "flamed" while a few feel like I should have kept my mouth shut. If I have facts versus untruths and it is something in which I believe, no way will I let it slide.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Let it go, say nothing. This is a BB, not an English class. Why embarrass someone?
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Double post.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

I think some posters that point out the spelling and grammatical errors of others are not doing it to be helpful at all. They just want to criticize, belittle and make fun of them. Especially if it's a poster they don't like.

Valued Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Marp2 said:

Grammar is important. For instance, commas save lives:

Let's eat grandpa.

OR

Lets eat, grandpa.

{#emotions_dlg.scared} {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Indeed! Good grammar can be a life saver! lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )