Respected Contributor

How many times a day do you feed you cats moist food?

I'm out of cat food and have to go to the grocery store again. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I buy the box of purina seafood variety 32 cans because it's what they will always eat and not be fussy and stick their nose in the air and walk away with that what the --- attitude and then when it becomes dry...well, none will eat it then even if they were starving.

Respected Contributor

Re: How many times a day do you feed you cats moist food?

Mine get dry food all day long, as they're grazers. I give them 3/4 of a can (split between two bowls) in the morning and the last few spoonfuls at dinnertime. They never eat more than one can per day.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

My cat is big, he will only eat Fancy Feast and he won't eat the fish flavors. He alwAys has dry food in his bowl, he snacks on that. I give him a can of Fancy Feast at 7am and another can at 7pm. He eats it all.

Respected Contributor

Never, only holistic dry food (it is out all the time, I have a five pound self feeder bowl). She seems happy and well fed without wet food. She is not overweight, so she does not overeat.

Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Topaz Gem said:

Mine get dry food all day long, as they're grazers. I give them 3/4 of a can (split between two bowls) in the morning and the last few spoonfuls at dinnertime. They never eat more than one can per day.

Mine always graze too but if I don't give them 2 cans of moist food per day they meow at me relentlessly. They don't want to be petted....they want more moist food.

Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 chrystaltree said:

My cat is big, he will only eat Fancy Feast and he won't eat the fish flavors. He alwAys has dry food in his bowl, he snacks on that. I give him a can of Fancy Feast at 7am and another can at 7pm. He eats it all.

lol sounds just like my little big man! Unfortunately his breakfast must be at 5am or I will hear about it.

Valued Contributor

I give mine Friskies, dividing one can between the four in the morning topped with a bit of Purina Healthy Weight dry food and split a second can in the late afternoon also topped with a bit of dry. During the day I put out about half a cup of dry for them to nibble on if desired.

Super Contributor

My current and previous cat would rather starve to death than eat tinned cat food. I've tried every brand and flavor, but it's a no go. They only want crunch. What sort of a cat doesn't come running when you open a tin of Chicken of the Sea? My cats, that's who. I've tried poached salmon, tinned salmon, smoked salmon. Roast turkey. No, if it don't crunch, it ain't catfud in this house.

Respected Contributor

Mine is on can food and will eat anything, it's gone in a second. He will also eat dog food, regular food, everything he can get into. All of my pets have always eaten in a hurry. I think being a stray mine is use to anything he could find.

My first cat never ate can food only dry and only one kind.

The strays I am feeding now are on prescription cat food which was what I had leftover. They got a treat last night and got a can of chicken. Mama is nursing so I feel like she needs more.

Respected Contributor

I have 2 old cats, one skinny and one fat. They share one quarter cup of Science Diet mature dry in the morning and one quarter cup at night. At noon, they each get a tablespoon of the small Friskies wet food. I separate them for the wet food feeding because the big cat was actually pushing little guy away and moving the bowl. Big guy is Buster and little guy is Chessy and they are brothers.