Honored Contributor

general real housewives "news" and gossip for july 2014

well, at least one trial has moved forward fairly quickly. apollo nida from rhoa has been sentenced to 8 years in prison for bank fraud and id theft.

Apollo Nida, the husband of Phaedra Parks on “The Real Housewives of Atlanta,” Tuesday received an eight-year sentence by a federal court judge for his four-year scheme that involved bank, mail and wire fraud and ID theft.

Judge Charles Pannell, under sentencing guidelines, could have given him anywhere from 92 to 115 months. The government was okay with the lower end of those guidelines. Pannell went slightly above the 92 months partly because Nida’s type of white criminal crime, he said on the stand, has a high rate of recidivism.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/07/08/apollo-nida-sentenced-to-eight-years-for-bank-fraud-id-th...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: general real housewives ""news"" and gossip for july 2014

meanwhile, back in nj......teresa is spending time at the beach with the kids.....and who knows how many more times their case will be postponed!

tg5

http://www.allabouttrh.com/teresa-giudice-bikini-bod/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_cam...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Wow. That's a pretty stiff sentence. Think Joe will get a comparable one?

Honored Contributor

I wonder if Apollo and Phaedra will divorce or she will stick with him through another stint in prison

Respected Contributor

The oldest boy is only 4 and will be 12 or 13 when his dad gets out. The youngest is only 1 yr old right now.

His boys won't even know him when he gets out unless Phaedra makes a sincere effort to visit him in prison with the boys and keep in touch in other ways.

I have a feeling she won't do that and will divorce him. I think they've been estranged for a long time already and just tried to keep it private.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

Is that Gabriella standing up, with the black bikini top? Sure looks like her.

Wow! She has really grown. I guess since we don't see much of her on the show, we haven't seen her grow up as much as the other kids.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I honestly think Tre believes she won't get prison time.

When is their sentencing date now?

- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

whoa............that's a lot of time............but you do the crime, you pay the time.........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 Lion said:

I honestly think Tre believes she won't get prison time.

When is their sentencing date now?

sometime in september.....that is the LATEST postponement.

Honored Contributor

On 7/8/2014 scotttie said:

Wow. That's a pretty stiff sentence. Think Joe will get a comparable one?

not sure he will have to serve that entire sentence. i think that the article states that he could possibly get out in a year and then go to a halfway house. i would not be surprised if joe gets a tougher sentence. he has a lot more charges against him!