Honored Contributor

Geese have been visiting again

We have poop everywhere and we are sick of it.We have tried everything to get rid of them...anyone have something that worked for them.Right now we have pink flamingos all over the property and that worked for a couple of days but they were back again lady night and now we have a huge mess to clean again.
Super Contributor

Re: Geese have been visiting again

Goose for dinner might do the trick!

Was Yuban, then changed to Plaid Pants due to forum upgrade, and apparently, I'm back to being Yuban.
Honored Contributor

Border collies work too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Look on the bright side-no need to buy lawn fertilizer.

Honored Contributor

Very funny but I am serious about the mess...we have small children playing on the grass so it is a yucky mess that must be cleaned.My husband got a full bucket this morning. They must poop continually.
Respected Contributor

They're beautiful birds, but they're every bit as filthy as pigeons, which I refer to as flying rats.

Trusted Contributor

Our favorite campgrounds had a goose problem in the 'NO-DOGS' section. They changed their policy and allowed dogs-no more goose problem. Campers are very good about picking up after their dogs.

Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Border collies work too.

This is true. And the Audubon Society has tips on handling geese in your yard. I realize not everyone can own a border collie.

Is the OP near a pond? There are vegetation solutions at the pond edge to encourage them to feed there. They also like short grass, esp. Kentucky bluegrass.

Is it nesting season? They are also a problem during migratory periods.

Killing them is inhumane, btw. Dinner or no dinner.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

The geese come in from a large lake that borders our property.We have this problem almost year round and we can't leave a dog out at night because we also have bears and cougars.
Super Contributor

Oh I thought Grease was attacking you and had to see what the heck was going on.

I love Geese.