Super Contributor

I dread the 4TH of July anymore.

The loud firecrackers that sound like bombs will be starting and go off here in the next day or so even after the 4th is over..... I am all for the forth of July festivities and fun, but, too many people abuse the holiday by buying and setting off the illegal fireworks bought usually on Indian reservations here in Washington state.
Honored Contributor

Re: I dread the 4TH of July anymore.

They sell fireworks in Pennsylvania along the border states but its own residents are forbidden to buy them, figure that one out?{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

ITA, and some think shooting their guns into the heavens is a great way to make noise.

Hello, Idiots: those bullets will have to come down*, and too often we hear news reports that they came down into an innocent little kid.

*What goes up, must come down.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I do believe the Jersey people can purchase the fireworks in Pa but we don't sell them...odd..

I don't like fireworks, either...too loud and too scary...I stay indoors..just to be safe...

Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 circles said:

I do believe the Jersey people can purchase the fireworks in Pa but we don't sell them...odd..

I don't like fireworks, either...too loud and too scary...I stay indoors..just to be safe...

You know what's so crazy? Some of the border states state police confiscate the fireworks once they get over the state line. I've often wondered how this places stay in business.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Illegal fireworks are just a fact of life, accept it and get over it. You can't change it. It starts here a month before the holiday and continues for a week after the holiday. People here drive up to N H to get them, where it's legal. The police can't stay on top of it, they do try. Every year someone loses fingers or an eye but that doesn't deter people.

Super Contributor

Speaking of loud BANGS....I just about had a heart attack a minute ago from someone illegally setting off a big boom fire cracker....Grrrrrr........
Esteemed Contributor

I dread it too, because it terrifies my little jack Russell. We will be home before dark, and I will have to give her a nerve meds before the neighbors start setting their fireworks off.

Honored Contributor

Never been an issue for me; I live out too far for it to be a problem.

Respected Contributor

I live in western Pa. and right this minute it sounds like bombs are being set off. This neighborhood has some how got their hands on fireworks. they go over to Ohio and buy them plus around here they set up tents and sell them. I just got a notice in the mail that I can order them . Now are they going to be allowed to ship them to my home. Not that I would ever order them. I don't need someone lose a part of their body in my yard.